Since the incredibly-successful mobile game now contains the first two generations of Pokemon, we could see the likes of Lugia and Ho-Oh joining Mew, Mewtwo, and the legendary bird trio appearing in the new gym update.
There's no word on when the new Pokemon Go update goes live, but it's expected to be sometime this week.
While Raid Battles will require the presence of several nearby players to complete, it seems that Pokemon GO might not struggle to find the necessary user-base, judging by the recent ticket sales of the upcoming Pokemon GO Fest event. In addition, Pokemon stationed at a gym will battle in the order they were assigned, meaning that the toughest one will no longer always be last.
The other major addition coming to the game in the next few weeks is raid content where players can group up to fight enhanced CP Pokemon when it takes over a gym.
Candidates in tight Georgia race make final bid for votes
He says he's willing to change the 2010 health care law as long as consumer protections and expanded coverage are maintained. The race between Handel and Democrat Jon Ossoff is seen as a significant political test for the new Trump Administration.
The update on Pokemon GO is introducing a new health stat, "motivation". Pokemon can be kicked out of the gym when they lose motivation. "If it's very low-level then the motivation will take a long time to go down", Archit Bhargava, global marketing lead, said.
Gyms will also now award Badges, which trainers can level up for different rewards."You give treats to Pokémon, you do battles, and the badge will slowly level up", Nomura said.
Finally, gyms will also have spinners like PokeStops to get rewards. When a raid begins, a glowing egg will appear on top of a gym with a countdown above it. Special new rewards will be given for beating a raid boss. Niantic told TechCrunch they are considering an "invitational" raid, which is for "dedicated" trainers or high-level players in a region. These include Rare Candy that would help the player evolve any kind of Pokemon. In Gym battles, you can control the Pokemon to fill six permanent slots. There will also be Fast TM and Charged TMs that would teach Pokemon a new attack.
- Trump's withdrawal from climate accord was 'courageous': Murray Energy CEO
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- Ken gets makeover: Cornrows, beefy bod and new skin tones
- Donald Trump condemns North Korea after Otto Warmbier dies
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico
- Perez n'a pas parlé de Ronaldo avec le PSG
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Injured jockey Frankie Dettori out of Royal Ascot
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation