There was no public announcement from her management company or on her Twitter page - the only way her appearance came to light was by people recognising her.
Adele's visit was praised by fans who described her support as "fantastic". Firefighters tried to save as many as they could.
Not everyday the wonderfully grounded and caring Adele pops into Chelsea Fire Station for a cup of tea and a cuddle.
Touching members of the royal family has been historically reserved for only handshakes, but the prince was so moved by the story of 78-year-old Fatima Jafaria, a distressed woman who was reportedly desperate to find her husband who was trapped in an elevator during the time of the fire, that the royal embraced her instead.
"She didn't have any security with her, it was a bit surprising".
Trump Condemns 'Brutal' North Korean Regime After Death Of Student
President Donald Trump had urged the nation to pray for Otto Warmbier , describing his ordeal as a "truly bad thing". He was arrested , according to North Korean media, for trying to steal an item bearing a propaganda slogan.
Despite the struggles fire fighters face in their efforts to identify victims of the North Kensington blaze, Mr Cundy insisted that the search operation will go on.
Firefighter Rob Petty shared a picture of himself and several colleagues posing alongside the Hello star, who looked stylish but casual in an off-the-shoulder black and white polka dot dress.
Simon Cowell is releasing a charity single to raise money for those affected by the disaster.
Speaking outside Scotland Yard, Cmdr Stuart Cundy said a total of 79 people were presumed dead and warned the toll could rise further.
"She just turned up at the station and knocked on the window and said she has some cakes for us", station manager Ben King said in a statement.
Another wrote, "Adele is at now at Grenfell Tower asking if anyone needs help that was affected by the fire", while a third added, "The fact that Adele has gone to Grenfell tower and not said a word about it just proves how amazingly honest she is". So we opened the door to her and then she took her sunglasses off and said: "Hi, I'm Adele". "We have had so much support for the local community and we can not thank everyone enough".
- Ireland's Leo Varadkar reassured by talks with Theresa May over DUP deal
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- FBI Investigates Anti-Trump Gunman Who Shot 4 People at Virginia Ballpark
- Ronaldo summoned to answer judge's questions on tax fraud
- Le Corrigé écrit et vidéo du Bac L — Bac de Littérature
- United Nations unable to confirm death of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
- New Zealand leader faces questions over alleged secret tapes
- Netflix launches "choose your own adventure" style cartoons
- 7 still hospitalized after London mosque attack
- Seth Rogen and Stephen Colbert troll Donald Trump Jr