If you ask us, the two biggest must-haves for the 2019 Ford Focus are nicer interior materials and more rear legroom. Ford also said some future variants of the new Focus will be shipped later from Europe.
"Finding a more cost-effective way to deliver the next Focus program in North America is a better plan, allowing us to redeploy the money we save into areas of growth for the company - especially sport utilities, commercial vehicles, performance vehicles as well as mobility, autonomous vehicles and electrified vehicles", Ford president of global operations Joe Hinrichs said in the release.
The redesigned Focus for North America will be built at a joint-venture plant operated with Chinese partner Changan Automobile, beginning in mid-2019.
China has emerged as a key market for Tesla, which saw its China revenues surpass $1 billion previous year, more than tripling the electric auto manufacturer's 2015 revenue and making the Chinese market its largest, in terms of sales, after the U.S. Earlier this year, under pressure from USA president Donald Trump, Ford backed out on a $1.8 billion plant in San Luis Patosi, investing $700 million to expand an existing facility in the U.S. state of MI to make electric, hybrid and self-driving vehicles.
He said Ford planned to inform the White House this morning.
Radio host says his criticisms of Trump cost him his job
After being freed from North Korea on June 13, he had been in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness," according to his doctors. But we choose to focus on the time that we were given to be with this remarkable person.
Ford stock fell 0.8 percent at $11.15.
On the campaign trail a year ago, President Donald Trump heaped scorn on American corporations, including Ford, for relying on overseas factories.
The sale of compact cars in the United States has declined and automakers are eager to reduce the costs of producing them.
The automaker also said today it will invest $900 million in Louisville's Kentucky Truck Plant to build the revamped Expedition and Lincoln Expedition SUV., a move that is expected to secure 1,000 hourly jobs. The Wayne plant will begin building a new Ranger compact truck in late 2018. While the Focus has been built at the Michigan Assembly plant in Wayne, Michigan for years, Ford had previously announced plans to shift production of the small auto to Mexico.
- Pakistan thrashed India by 180 runs in finals
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney
- Buenos Aires Des artéfacts nazis découverts en Argentine
- Father of UVA Student Otto Warmbier Holds News Conference
- India's SpiceJet to buy up to 50 additional Bombardier Q400 turboprop planes
- Apple seeks to void patent claims, fees in Qualcomm dispute
- Grenfell Tower victims to get £5500 from emergency fund, Theresa May says
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- Ligue 1: La Linguère de Saint-Louis risque la relégation
- Trump lawyer says president not under investigation, despite tweets