Four people - including Rep. Steve Scalise, the House majority whip from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip - were wounded in the shooting. Officer BaileyCapitol Police Officer David Bailey received a minor injury but was not shot, according to U.S. Capitol Police Chief Matthew Verderosa.
James Hodgkinson's attack appears to be politically motivated.
The gunman's brother told The New York Times that the man was upset about Trump's election and recently went to Washington to protest, but Michael Hodgkinson said he didn't know why the man stayed in the area. "I can't wrap my head around it", she said. "I don't even know who was shot", she said, "I'm sorry that he did this but there's nothing I can do about it".
Authorities said Wednesday there was not yet a clear motive for the shooting, as the FBI investigated Hodgkinson's associations and social media postings. This 2006 photo provided by the St. Clair County, Ill., Sheriff's Department shows James T. Hodgkinson.
Even more incredible, Rep. Brooks was standing not far from the 3 base line awaiting his turn at bat as the shooter started his attack only a few yards away, in the 3 base dugout.
Philip Hammond: Conservatives 'not deaf' to message at ballot box
Overall, we are a government that believes in low taxes and we want to reduce the burden of taxes overall for working families". Speaking on Peston on Sunday Hammond gave his view on the Conservative's recent election campaign.
One of the last encounters anyone had with Hodgkinson in Belleville was March 24, near his home just outside the Belleville city limits. He was texting - he was texting letting people know we were under fire and that we needed help. It was written on notepad paper and had the names of at least three Republican congressmen on it, including representative Jeff Duncan, who spoke with Hodgkinson before the attack.
"What makes a guy do something like that?"
Hodgkinson said repeatedly that she saw no signs her husband was planning violence. "It doesn't matter whether you're Republican, Democrat, black or white, Muslim or whatever".
She said her husband, who had worked in the building trades and as a home inspector, had sold "almost everything he owned from his businesses" and had gone to Washington.
"He would get politically aggressive". As I walk across the parking lot to the auto, a gentleman approaches me and says, 'Can you tell me, the team today, is that Democrats or Republicans?' I told him it was the Republicans and he said, 'OK, thanks, ' and turned around.
- Iran Capture and Kill ISIS Members Responsible for Terrorist Attack Last Week
- Is Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV) a good buy?
- Andy Murray to donate Queen's prize money to Grenfell Tower appeal
- Ken gets makeover: Cornrows, beefy bod and new skin tones
- PGA Tour makes drug testing policies more stringent, starting in October 2018
- Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico
- Gym Systems To Get Major Revamp, Battle Raids And New Items
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- The Gilead Sciences, Inc. (GILD) Position Decreased by Oakworth Capital Inc
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney