Four people - including Rep. Steve Scalise, the House majority whip from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip - were wounded in the shooting. Officer BaileyCapitol Police Officer David Bailey received a minor injury but was not shot, according to U.S. Capitol Police Chief Matthew Verderosa.
James Hodgkinson's attack appears to be politically motivated.
The gunman's brother told The New York Times that the man was upset about Trump's election and recently went to Washington to protest, but Michael Hodgkinson said he didn't know why the man stayed in the area. "I can't wrap my head around it", she said. "I don't even know who was shot", she said, "I'm sorry that he did this but there's nothing I can do about it".
Authorities said Wednesday there was not yet a clear motive for the shooting, as the FBI investigated Hodgkinson's associations and social media postings. This 2006 photo provided by the St. Clair County, Ill., Sheriff's Department shows James T. Hodgkinson.
Even more incredible, Rep. Brooks was standing not far from the 3 base line awaiting his turn at bat as the shooter started his attack only a few yards away, in the 3 base dugout.
Perez n'a pas parlé de Ronaldo avec le PSG
Cristiano Ronaldo , lui, n'a pas pour l'instant dit un mot, un mauvais signe selon certains commentateurs sportifs espagnols. La presse portugaise annonçait effectivement que Cristiano Ronaldo souhaite quitter la Casa Blanca cet été.
One of the last encounters anyone had with Hodgkinson in Belleville was March 24, near his home just outside the Belleville city limits. He was texting - he was texting letting people know we were under fire and that we needed help. It was written on notepad paper and had the names of at least three Republican congressmen on it, including representative Jeff Duncan, who spoke with Hodgkinson before the attack.
"What makes a guy do something like that?"
Hodgkinson said repeatedly that she saw no signs her husband was planning violence. "It doesn't matter whether you're Republican, Democrat, black or white, Muslim or whatever".
She said her husband, who had worked in the building trades and as a home inspector, had sold "almost everything he owned from his businesses" and had gone to Washington.
"He would get politically aggressive". As I walk across the parking lot to the auto, a gentleman approaches me and says, 'Can you tell me, the team today, is that Democrats or Republicans?' I told him it was the Republicans and he said, 'OK, thanks, ' and turned around.
- Trump's withdrawal from climate accord was 'courageous': Murray Energy CEO
- Cristiano Ronaldo set for July court date in tax fraud case
- Is Gold Standard Ventures Corp (GSV) a good buy?
- Iran Capture and Kill ISIS Members Responsible for Terrorist Attack Last Week
- Phil Jackson 'isn't ruling out' trading Kristaps Porzingis
- PGA Tour makes drug testing policies more stringent, starting in October 2018
- Gym Systems To Get Major Revamp, Battle Raids And New Items
- Pregnant woman shot dead by officers after police say she brandished knife
- Drone footage illustrates devastation of Portugal forest fires which killed 62
- Radio host says his criticisms of Trump cost him his job