Continental said on Tuesday it would join a self-driving platform developed by BMW, Intel and Mobileye with the German auto parts and tire maker handling integration of components and software.
Continental contributes broad product know-how and its overall system competency along the entire process chain of assisted and automated driving.
Continental, the world's second-biggest supplier to carmakers by sales, said it would play a key role in commercialising the new platform, which is to be sold to other auto manufacturers. "With our non-exclusive approach to this technology of the future we will deliver a safe, fast and cost-efficient solution that is highly attractive also for other manufacturers". This will be combined with simulation and validation of all added functions.
FBI Investigates Anti-Trump Gunman Who Shot 4 People at Virginia Ballpark
Hodgkinson's widow, Suzanne Hodgkinson, said Thursday afternoon that she had "no idea" he was going to carry out the murders. Steve Scalise , the House majority whip from Louisiana, who was shot in the hip - were wounded in the shooting .
Since the partnership was formed, U.S. parts maker Delphi Automotive joined BMW, Intel and Mobileye to assist in the production of the self-driving vehicles, which are expected to be completed by 2021.
"We have already had very good experience in working with the BMW Group through jointly successfully completed development and series projects".
"Such partnerships have a great advantage with regard to the complexity of the technology as well as the development efforts: we do not need to reinvent the solutions developed by any of our partners", said Karl Haupt, head of the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems business unit at Continental. "The cooperation with the core partners involved presents the unique opportunity to drive ahead and get this technology of the future to our roads more quickly". Early this year a partnership was formed and it was confirmed that 40 test vehicles will be on the road by Q2 2017.
- Netflix launches "choose your own adventure" style cartoons
- Three new housemates to join Big Brother - but only two will stay
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Andy Murray to donate Queen's prize money to Grenfell Tower appeal
- Lanco Infra tanks 20% on RBIs direction to start insolvency
- Phil Jackson 'isn't ruling out' trading Kristaps Porzingis
- Cosby alternate juror 'probably' would have convicted
- Le Corrigé écrit et vidéo du Bac L — Bac de Littérature
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- Sarfraz hopes Champions Trophy win will bring global cricket to Pak