The condition of Steve Scalise, the third-ranking U.S. House Republican who was shot during a lawmakers' baseball practice on June 14, was upgraded to serious by a Washington hospital after he underwent another surgery.
The rifle-wielding 66-year-old, who died during the attack, had a history of anger aimed at Republican officials.
Sava earlier said the Louisiana congressman had been at "imminent risk of death" when he was first brought into the hospital on Wednesday, and he received many units of transfused blood. "He is more responsive and is speaking to his loved ones".
"He underwent another surgery today, but continues to show signs of improvement", it said.
As Americans recognize the incredible role fathers play in our lives this Father's Day, the holiday is said to have taken on a "special meaning" for the family of Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.).
Oil prices pause after sharp falls
Despite the reduction in production from oil producers, the level of exports is still high as many tanker-tracking data showed. As recently as May 1, the average daily volume stored in tankers was about 74 million barrels, according to Kpler .
Trump added that Scalise is "having a hard time, far worse than anybody thought" following the shooting Wednesday. Also hurt but released from hospitals were two Capitol Police officers, David Bailey and Crystal Griner, and House GOP aide Zack Barth.
"While we know there will be hard and challenging days ahead for Matt and our family, the phsycians and specialists at Matt's side expect a full recovery", the statement said.
"The evidence from the shooter, this maniac who began firing at all of us, shows that he turned his religion into politics", Davis said.
During a press conference on Saturday, Scalise's trauma surgeon, Dr. Jack Sava, said he is expected to recover fully but will need "a period of healing and rehabilitation" after being discharged.
Scalise's wife, Jennifer, issued a statement saying she was thankful for the "incredible amount of prayers and warm wishes" the family has received since the shooting. "I'm prayerful he will pull through, and I hope he does", he said.
- La coalition annonce avoir abattu un drone des forces pro-régime
- Lanco Infra tanks 20% on RBIs direction to start insolvency
- Sarfraz hopes Champions Trophy win will bring global cricket to Pak
- Cosby alternate juror 'probably' would have convicted
- New Zealand leader faces questions over alleged secret tapes
- Police say Muslim girl's killing near Virginia mosque not hate crime
- Airbus: GE Capital commande 100 appareils A320neo pour 10 milliards de dollars
- Ronaldo summoned to answer judge's questions on tax fraud
- Amazon The Inflation Killer Will Lower Grocery Prices With Whole Foods
- Tropical storm warnings issued for Louisiana coast for potential tropical cyclone