The boxer who knocked out Tim Hague, the former MMA fighter and elementary school teacher who died following a match in Edmonton, is speaking out.
The knockout left him in critical condition. Hague remained in the ring for several minutes following the knockout but later went into a coma and sadly his family announced yesterday that he died as a result of his injuries.
Referee Len Koivisto stopped the bout after two more knockdowns in the second round.
Hague (1-3 as a boxer, 21-13 in MMA), a heavy underdog who accepted the fight on only two weeks notice, was knocked down three times, while another trip to the canvas was ruled a slip, in the first round against Braidwood, who had an 8-1 record.
"I just want everyone to try to help Tim's family", Braidwood said. "And you know, nobody wanted this".
London mosque attack suspect held on terror charges, police say
A cafe owner who had pinned Osborne to the ground said he's sure the attacker would be dead if the imam hadn't intervened. His family is believed to be in total shock. "(Our) hearts go out to those who've been injured".
The 34-year-old who had competed in both mixed martial arts and boxing matches throughout his career suffered three straight losses across nine months in the ring, however, was never afraid to compete.
The City of Edmonton and the Edmonton Combative Sports Commission are investigating the fight, which the commission says is standard practice.
"He said he wanted to keep fighting so we kept fighting".
A heavyweight trained in jiu-jitsu, Hague put his teaching career on hold to make his pro MMA debut in 2006. Hague, in July 2016, shifted to boxing after his last MMA match.
He had been knocked out in his previous boxing match in December.
- UK police: Mosque attack suspect held on terror charges
- Le vrai nom de Jon Snow dévoilé — Game of Thrones
- Kluber dominant as Indians blow out Orioles
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) Stake Raised by Wrapmanager Inc
- Sean Spicer says Trump has confidence in Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein
- Father of German reunification, Helmut Kohl, dies aged 87
- Mayweather vs McGregor happening on August 26
- Former soccer coach charged with 14 more counts of abuse
- Bac 2017 : le sujet du bac L de littérature
- Ed Sheeran's 'Carpool Karaoke' Is Everything We Hoped For