Her domestic cume now stands at $115M.
Wonder Woman is based on the popular comic books and stars Israeli actress Gal Gadot, known for playing Gisele Yashar in The Fast and the Furious film series. Women directed only 7.7% of the top films of 2015, according to the 2017 Hollywood Diversity Report by the Ralph J. Bunche Center for African American Studies at UCLA.
The advice she got from Gal Gadot was a bit more practical. Indeed, nearly three times as many people have lived on the International Space Station than have created films that break the $100 million opening weekend mark, and that's a triumph worthy of note for any gender.
"Globally this property has just resonated with fans", Warner Bros distribution chief Jeff Goldstein said of Wonder Woman. Jenkins was only signed for one film, but that means if Jenkins' representatives wanted, they could force Warner Bros.to pay millions of dollars more to keep her on board.
Apple seeks to void patent claims, fees in Qualcomm dispute
Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL ) wants a court to rule Qualcomm's (NASDAQ: QCOM ) royalty license agreements invalid, according to Reuters . One argument working in Qualcomm's favor, however: Apple and its contractors signed agreements to pay licensing fees this way.
Also, I hope we get to see Gadot's versatility in other films since Wonder Woman will obviously open up the door for her to pursue almost any project she wishes. At this time, the filmmaker is not now signed on to direct Wonder Woman 2.
Jenkins reportedly has her eyes set on bringing Diana to America in the sequel, and with the huge time gap till her re-introduction in BvS, it's possible that Wonder Woman 2 could be another period piece.
Despite that, "Wonder Woman" proved that female-focused superhero movies have an audience and Jenkins, the first female director ever given the reigns of a superhero movie, can make this kind of movie as good (in many cases, better) as the boys.
Ruffalo, who will be seen in Thor: Ragnarok, also showed his support for the DC movie by sharing Huffington Post article, and tweeted, "Yay!" Wonder Woman made 228 Mil USD worldwide in its opening weekend and broke the record for the highest grossing movie directed by a female.
- Cosby case is about much more than him: Lena
- Weapons Found In Car That Crashed Into Paris Police Van
- Grenfell Tower victims to get £5500 from emergency fund, Theresa May says
- Spanish state prosecutor accuses Jose Mourinho of tax fraud
- Hamas rejects Islamic State's claim of killing of Israeli officer
- FBR & Co Cuts NGL ENERGY PARTNERS LP (NGL) Price Target to $19.00
- US Student Detained in North Korea Suffered Serious Brain Function Loss
- Mozilla launches its privacy-protecting Firefox Focus web browser on Android
- Ronaldo won't quit Real: club boss
- Jean-Marie Le Pen veut la démission de sa fille