Reports also suggest that the tournament itself will make a significant donation following last week's tragic events. If he wins the event for the third year in a row his contribution will be £346,000. "I'm looking forward to getting out on the court and wearing the new kit", said Murray.
Philip Hammond: Conservatives 'not deaf' to message at ballot box
Overall, we are a government that believes in low taxes and we want to reduce the burden of taxes overall for working families". Speaking on Peston on Sunday Hammond gave his view on the Conservative's recent election campaign.
As usual, Murray isn't seeking the limelight for his generosity, but several newspapers carry the story of his extraordinary gesture today.
The world No 1, who plays his first match here on Tuesday against Aljaz Bedene, would earn £347,000 by making a successful defence of a title he has already won five times. (The status of the tournament has been upgraded, which accounts for the disparity in the winner's purse.) Murray also helped put on a Rally Against Cancer that featured former London Mayor Boris Johnson, Oscar-winning actor Eddie Redmayne and comedian Michael McIntyre.
Arsenal's Spanish defender Hector Bellerin has said he will give £50 for every minute he plays at the European Under-21 Championship in Poland.
- FBI Investigates Anti-Trump Gunman Who Shot 4 People at Virginia Ballpark
- Australian Football League pay deal links remuneration to industry revenues
- IT Department seizes allegedly benami property belonging to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Injured jockey Frankie Dettori out of Royal Ascot
- Trump's withdrawal from climate accord was 'courageous': Murray Energy CEO
- QP launches vessel-borne fuel bunkering at Qatar ports
- Candidates in tight Georgia race make final bid for votes
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- F-35A flights at Luke AFB to resume Wednesday