Reports also suggest that the tournament itself will make a significant donation following last week's tragic events. If he wins the event for the third year in a row his contribution will be £346,000. "I'm looking forward to getting out on the court and wearing the new kit", said Murray.
Radio host says his criticisms of Trump cost him his job
After being freed from North Korea on June 13, he had been in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness," according to his doctors. But we choose to focus on the time that we were given to be with this remarkable person.
As usual, Murray isn't seeking the limelight for his generosity, but several newspapers carry the story of his extraordinary gesture today.
The world No 1, who plays his first match here on Tuesday against Aljaz Bedene, would earn £347,000 by making a successful defence of a title he has already won five times. (The status of the tournament has been upgraded, which accounts for the disparity in the winner's purse.) Murray also helped put on a Rally Against Cancer that featured former London Mayor Boris Johnson, Oscar-winning actor Eddie Redmayne and comedian Michael McIntyre.
Arsenal's Spanish defender Hector Bellerin has said he will give £50 for every minute he plays at the European Under-21 Championship in Poland.
- Perez rubbishes talk of Manchester United deal for Morata
- Amal gave birth to twins — George Clooney
- Analysts Showing Optimistic Trends For Intel Corporation
- Cristiano Ronaldo set for July court date in tax fraud case
- IT Department seizes allegedly benami property belonging to Lalu Prasad Yadav's family
- Three new housemates to join Big Brother - but only two will stay
- Russian Federation will target coalition jets in parts of Syria, defence ministry says
- PGA Tour makes drug testing policies more stringent, starting in October 2018
- Gym Systems To Get Major Revamp, Battle Raids And New Items
- Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico