On Tuesday, Judge Steven O'Neill will be asked at a hearing to release the jurors' names but the prosecutors are fighting to keep their identities closed for fear of a "publicity onslaught" and difficulty when choosing a jury for the retrial.
Andrea Constand expressed gratitude to her supporters after a Pennsylvania judge declared a mistrial in the sexual assault trial stemming from her allegations against Bill Cosby. Meanwhile, O'Neill made it a point to say that a mistrial does not absolve Cosby from the charges.
"It can never be clearer that if you speak up, you could be chilling the justice system in the future if jurors are needed in this case", O'Neill told them.
He advised jurors when the trial ended Saturday that they didn't need to discuss the case. Including testimony from two women who accused the comedian of almost identical instances of drugging and sexual assault that allegedly happened years apart and on opposite sides of the nation.
The judge granted the mistrial on Saturday after the jury declared that after a six-day, 52-hour trial they were "hopelessly deadlocked".
Katy Perry tops Billboard 200 chart with her latest album Witness
In one interview, Perry said she was ready to bury the hatchet on her long-running feud with Swift. "I don't think feud songs are a hot thing-there's always been beef songs", He added regarding the recent trend of songs attacking other artistes.
"It was the craziest, eeriest bus ride I've ever taken."Constand worked at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University. The trial took place outside Philadelphia, but the jury came from the Pittsburgh area.
Prosecutors are fighting to keep the jurors' identities a secret, arguing in court documents Monday that releasing them would result in a "publicity onslaught" and make picking a jury for the second trial more hard.
Prosecutors are fighting to keep the jurors' identities a secret, arguing in court documents Monday that releasing them would result in a "publicity onslaught" and make picking a jury for Cosby's planned retrial more hard. And Mrs. Cosby's power is back. It has also been reported that the prosecution may bring up Constand's sexuality in their second attempt at convicting Cosby. In that call, Cosby apologized to Constand's mother, Gianna, and described in detail the sexual acts that occurred the night Constand claims the entertainer drugged and attacked her.
- Nadal withdraws from Queen's tourney
- MLB Draft: Twins take shortstop at No
- USA jets shoot down 'Iranian drone' in Syria - coalition
- Champs-Elysées: " Pas satisfaisant qu'un fiché S bénéficie d'un permis d'armes "
- Walt Disney Company (The) (DIS) Given Buy Rating at Credit Suisse Group
- Tight finish seen in Atlanta congressional race, Trump weighs in
- Portugal battles to contain deadly wildfires amid heat, wind
- Le Portugal sous le choc après l'incendie de forêt
- Les Etats-Unis renforcent les sanctions contre la Russie — Ukraine
- Bean: Celtics shouldn't trade the No. 3 pick for Jimmy Butler