Speaking on NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday, attorney Jay Sekulow said the "president is not under investigation by the special counsel".
Sekulow, on one of four scheduled appearances on Sunday political talk shows, several times insisted the president was referring to a news report about an investigation, not an actual probe.
The lawyer, Jay Sekulow, contended the tweet was not a confirmation of the investigation, but instead a response to a report in The Washington Post.
Cuba rejects Trump's criticism as "hostile" but seeks to maintain official ties even as U.S. rolls back some changes instituted by Obama.
A lawyer for President Donald Trump said he is not under investigation, even though the president himself said he was.
On CNN, Sekulow said it was a response to an article in the Washington Post alleging Trump was under investigation for obstruction of justice.
SPORTS Porsche arrache la victoire au Mans
Si les 24 Heures du Mans nous offre très fréquemment des scénarii rocambolesques, l'édition 2017 n'a pas été en reste. La troisième Toyota toujours en course, la #8, termine deuxième de la catégorie, mais à la 9 place du général.
He also said he has "every problem" with Mueller's investigation, and finds the special counsel's public friendship with fired FBI Director James Comey "weird". Rubio says it's important for the American people to know how the Russians interfered because we have more elections coming up.
Rasmussen said Friday its daily presidential tracking poll that 50% of likely USA voters approve of Trump's job performance, while the other 50% disapprove.
His morning missive apparently referred to Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general whose role leading the federal investigation has become increasingly complicated. "I don't think that tweet helped him", Gingrich said on ABC's "This Week". Witch Hunt, ' the president wrote on Twitter.
He continued by saying: "Many new jobs, high business enthusiasm.massive regulation cuts, 36 new legislative bills signed, great new S.C.Justice, and Infrastructure, Healthcare and Tax Cuts in works!"
On Thursday, Trump called Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign a "witch hunt: based on the "phony" premise of possible collusion between Russia and a cadre of Trump campaign associates".
- Trump decries 'witch hunt' but lawyer insists no probe
- Gingrich: Opponents Entangling Trump in 'Legalistic Nightmare'
- Robert Mueller gifts probe to US President Donald Trump for birthday
- Demonstrators Gather at Loring Park for 'Day 2' of Protests
- Trump lawyer Jay Sekulow contradicts president on obstruction investigation
- Russian Federation get off to winning start, beat New Zealand — FIFA Confederations Cup
- Donald Trump not under investigation for obstruction, says lawyer
- Cosby judge could revisit issue of revealing names of jurors
- Boeing launches 737 MAX 10 with 240 orders, commitments
- Apple iPhone 8 accessories already up for pre-orders