Seattle police fatally shot a 30-year-old mother who called them to her apartment for help.
The incident happened early Sunday at a Solid Ground housing complex for formerly homeless families in the 6800 block of 62nd Ave NE.
The assembled crowd held signs and candles.
Monika Williams, Lyles sister, told reporters that her there was "no reason" for her sister to be "shot in front of her babies".
The woman, identified by family members as Charleena Lyles, is said to have battled mental illness over the last year and previously feared that her children, one of whom had Down Syndrome, would be taken away. "And we're not going to stop until we get to the bottom of this", Taylor said.
"En France, les Sénégalais ont tourné le dos à Macky" — Me Wade
Sélectionné pour vous: Supposée coalition financée par Macky: Gadio se lave de tout soupçon et livre son projet électoral . Toujours futé dans la politique, le pape du Sopi mise sur les frustrés de la coalition de Macky Sall pour neutraliser BBY.
According a Seattle police spokesperson Mark Jamieson, two officers responded to the call because of concerns over a previous emergency call to the house. "Both officers had to fire their service weapons striking the individual unfortunately it is a fatality", Jamieson said. "You guys could have tazed her or anything". The sister also told the Times that the shooting victim has a history of mental health problems.
Williams believes race played a factor.
When they arrived, police say the woman had a knife.
Police say three children inside the apartment at the time were unharmed. "I don't know anything about a man shooting his wife", Jamieson said.
- President Trump "Considering Terminating" Russia Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- Durant taking over NBA Finals
- La Liga chief Javier Tebas "positive" of Cristiano Ronaldo innocence
- Chelsea to return with massive £60m offer for Juventus star Alex Sandro
- Porsche à nouveau leader — Heures du Mans
- Full coverage: Amazon is buying Whole Foods
- Pakistan thrash holders India to win Champions Trophy
- Succès mémorable de Porsche sur les 24h du Mans — Spot-Auto
- India hits back at Trump over climate change
- London attackers tried hiring 7.5 tonne lorry