However, Us Weekly reports that they are a boy and a girl, according to multiple sources.
Despite no official confirmation of the twins' sex, many fans believe former United States president, and family friend, Barack Obama may have accidently spilled the news.
"They're here! #beyonce #twins #jayz #happybirthday", he wrote, alongside a photo of balloons that wished the newborns a happy birthday.
Beyoncé has blessed the world by bringing two new members of the Knowles-Carter family into it.
Pakistan smash 338 vs India in Champions Trophy final
Kohli said: "I congratulated them in the post-match presentation and I would do the same here because they deserved to win. He dismissed Rohit Sharma (nought), India captain Virat Kohli (five) and Shikhar Dhawan (21) in a stunning new-ball spell.
This addition makes her a mother of three and a house-hold of five.
The announcement has already become the most-liked Instagram post of all time. "Although he's going to have me beat when those twins show up", leading fans to speculate the babies were both girls.
Although she was expecting twins, Beyonce still gave an epic performance at the Grammy's.
"Bey and Jay are thrilled and have started sharing then news with their family and closest friends", a source said.
Beyonce's sister, Solange, was also spotted at the same hospital after Jay skipped the Songwriters Hall Of Fame Awards on Thursday night, despite being honoured at the ceremony.
On doctor's orders, Beyoncé was forced to pull out of her Coachella headlining set and reschedule for 2018. The couple has been married since 2008.
- White House Reportedly Working With House GOP to Weaken Russian Sanctions
- Pakistan rout India to win maiden ICC Champions Trophy title
- Longest active win streaks on line when Beavers, Tigers meet
- Harman edges clear, Thomas dazzles in US Open blitz
- Iran kills man behind deadly Tehran terror attacks
- Amir spell destroys India
- Brooks Koepka wins US Open title, breaking through for his first
- Nicola Sturgeon open to 'progressive' pact with Labour to stop Tory government
- Uncertainty over Islamic State leader's fate after airstrike
- Oil prices fall on OPEC output increase, rising United States crude stocks