However, Us Weekly reports that they are a boy and a girl, according to multiple sources.
Despite no official confirmation of the twins' sex, many fans believe former United States president, and family friend, Barack Obama may have accidently spilled the news.
"They're here! #beyonce #twins #jayz #happybirthday", he wrote, alongside a photo of balloons that wished the newborns a happy birthday.
Beyoncé has blessed the world by bringing two new members of the Knowles-Carter family into it.
Iran kills man behind deadly Tehran terror attacks
Up to 50 people have been arrested in Iran in connection with terrorist attacks in Tehran last week that left 17 people dead. An Iranian journalist claimed on Twitter that a woman arrested by authorities was a mastermind behind the attacks.
This addition makes her a mother of three and a house-hold of five.
The announcement has already become the most-liked Instagram post of all time. "Although he's going to have me beat when those twins show up", leading fans to speculate the babies were both girls.
Although she was expecting twins, Beyonce still gave an epic performance at the Grammy's.
"Bey and Jay are thrilled and have started sharing then news with their family and closest friends", a source said.
Beyonce's sister, Solange, was also spotted at the same hospital after Jay skipped the Songwriters Hall Of Fame Awards on Thursday night, despite being honoured at the ceremony.
On doctor's orders, Beyoncé was forced to pull out of her Coachella headlining set and reschedule for 2018. The couple has been married since 2008.
- Brooks Koepka sets pace in US Open finale
- Trump attorney says president not under investigation
- Theresa May admits initial response to Grenfell Tower was 'not good enough'
- Chelsea ready to appease Conte with Cristiano Ronaldo move — In Focus
- Pakistan rout India to win maiden ICC Champions Trophy title
- Amir spell destroys India
- Real Madrid changing Cristiano Ronaldo's mind over exit will be hard - Calderon
- Trump says he's under FBI investigation
- Second tour des législatives françaises: 35,33% de participation à 17h
- Longest active win streaks on line when Beavers, Tigers meet