"But let me be very clear here, as it has been since the beginning, the president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction", he added.
"The president is not under investigation by the special counsel", Sekulow told NBC's Chuck Todd.
In multiple freaky Sunday morning interviews an attorney for President Donald Trump insisted that the president is "not under investigation by the special counsel" despite reports that Trump is under investigation for allegedly obstructing justice for firing of former FBI Director James Comey. "And when President Trump tweeted "." he was referring to the Post article's claim, not confirming it.
Trump has hinted that he may have taped conversations with Comey - in which the ex-FBI chief says the president pressured him for his loyalty and on the Russian Federation investigation while also urging him to drop a probe into former national security advisor Michael Flynn.
They went back and forth for a while: Sekulow blasted the Post's use of using sources on background, while Tapper kept pointing at Trump's confusing tweet.
This is published unedited from the IANS feed. "I believe this is the thing that could happen for the president". "But you're his attorney, and you're saying that the president, when he said that, was not accurate".
He told Wallace: "The president has not been notified by anyone that he's under investigation". If, in fact, it was correct that the president was being investigated, he would be investigating for taking action that an agency told him to take.
Here's What To Expect From Golden Knights During NHL Expansion Draft
That would settle the Canes' goalie situation and keep the Knights from taking Stempniak or Nordstrom, two players with value. A young talented forward who has proven to be a solid bottom six player with a high potential to improve.
"The president has strong feelings about it and (what) I would communicate to the White House and to the world through this broadcast is, let this thing work its way through, let it be thorough and complete so no one will have any doubt", Rubio added.
The panel sent a bipartisan letter this month to White House counsel Don McGahn seeking an answer by this Friday. Meanwhile, the Congressional committees handling the Russian Federation probe have asked the administration to show any evidence and Comey himself as said he hopes there are tapes.
Schiff says if the panel can't get an answer then he believes a subpoena will be needed.
The news caused Mr Trump to lash out about the investigation - and seemingly confirm its existence.
And Senate intelligence committee member Sen.
ABC's "This Week": Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.), Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and Douglas Lute, former US ambassador to North Atlantic Treaty Organisation.
- Palestinians, Israelis contest Tillerson on "martyrs' fund" - KVOA | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
- Theresa May 'welled up' at meeting with Grenfell fire survivors
- Donald Trump tweets anger over Russian Federation probe 'witch-hunt'
- Pakistan can upset any team on their day, says Virat Kohli
- US Representative Scalise's condition upgraded to 'serious' after shooting
- Taylor Swift Adds Catalogue To Spotify The Same Night 'Witness' Drops
- Teachers Advisors LLC Has $428000 Stake in ImmunoGen, Inc. (IMGN)
- Trump's personal attorney says president not under any investigation
- Jo Swinson out of Lib Dem leadership contest
- Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo not concerned by Confederations Cup draw with Mexico