The outlet reports producers believe Lionel's outgoing nature and credibility make him the ideal person for the role, though his representatives have yet to comment on the rumour.
If he was offered and accepted the job he'd sit alongside already confirmed judge Katy Perry, who scored a lucrative $25 million (£20 million) deal to appear on the programme.
Boris Johnson looks for happy Brexit resolution
The U.K. will also call for cooperation between member states to track European fighters from terror groups such as Daesh, particularly when they return from Iraq and Syria.
Ryan Seacrest will sign a rich deal to host the new version of "American Idol", but it's not almost as rich as the one Katy Perry signed. In addition, Ryan Seacrest is said to be in final discussions to return as host of the show.
ABC sources spoke to TMZ, claiming that Seacrest wanted $15 million, the company wanted to pay $10 million, and they met somewhere in the middle. And while there's no doubt that Katy is one of the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry right now, Ryan has been with "American Idol" since day one. But that's just not the case.
- Kenya Moore shares photos of mystery wedding
- Supreme Court to hear partisan gerrymandering case
- Mosque imam saves driver from angry mob after terror attack
- 4 share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Stalin slams delay in filing electoral malpractice case against TN CM, ministers
- Broker Outlook For The Week Ahead Ashford Inc. (AINC)
- Hub On Everything From Trade News To McPhee's Negotiations With Teams
- See the Houseguests Competing on Big Brother 19
- Portugal vs Mexico: VAR not working well - Santos
- Hawaii Rebels Against Trump On Paris Climate Accord