The outlet reports producers believe Lionel's outgoing nature and credibility make him the ideal person for the role, though his representatives have yet to comment on the rumour.
If he was offered and accepted the job he'd sit alongside already confirmed judge Katy Perry, who scored a lucrative $25 million (£20 million) deal to appear on the programme.
See the Houseguests Competing on Big Brother 19
In a recent statement , the TV network said: "It's nearly sweet, sweet summertime-and you know what that means". The hit summer CBS reality show premieres its nineteenth season with a two-night event June 28 at 8 p.m.
Ryan Seacrest will sign a rich deal to host the new version of "American Idol", but it's not almost as rich as the one Katy Perry signed. In addition, Ryan Seacrest is said to be in final discussions to return as host of the show.
ABC sources spoke to TMZ, claiming that Seacrest wanted $15 million, the company wanted to pay $10 million, and they met somewhere in the middle. And while there's no doubt that Katy is one of the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry right now, Ryan has been with "American Idol" since day one. But that's just not the case.
- Portugal vs Mexico: VAR not working well - Santos
- Stalin slams delay in filing electoral malpractice case against TN CM, ministers
- LCD Soundsystem announce fourth album American Dream, and United Kingdom tour dates
- Palestinians shot dead after Jerusalem Old City attacks
- Hub On Everything From Trade News To McPhee's Negotiations With Teams
- Rep. Scalise upgraded to serious condition, shows signs of improvement
- 4 share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- Boris Johnson looks for happy Brexit resolution
- Actually, Trump Is NOT Under Investigation, His Lawyer Insists
- Broker Outlook For The Week Ahead Ashford Inc. (AINC)