The outlet reports producers believe Lionel's outgoing nature and credibility make him the ideal person for the role, though his representatives have yet to comment on the rumour.
If he was offered and accepted the job he'd sit alongside already confirmed judge Katy Perry, who scored a lucrative $25 million (£20 million) deal to appear on the programme.
London mayor at church near London fire tragedy
He says it may be necessary for numerous outmoded tower blocks built in the 1970s to be demolished because of safety concerns. Police say at least 58 people are either confirmed or presumed dead, with the figure likely to rise in coming days.
Ryan Seacrest will sign a rich deal to host the new version of "American Idol", but it's not almost as rich as the one Katy Perry signed. In addition, Ryan Seacrest is said to be in final discussions to return as host of the show.
ABC sources spoke to TMZ, claiming that Seacrest wanted $15 million, the company wanted to pay $10 million, and they met somewhere in the middle. And while there's no doubt that Katy is one of the biggest names in the music and entertainment industry right now, Ryan has been with "American Idol" since day one. But that's just not the case.
- Imam who shielded Finsbury Park Mosque attacker from angry crowd praised
- London vehicle hits pedestrians causing multiple casualties
- See the Houseguests Competing on Big Brother 19
- Une voiture percute un fourgon de gendarmerie — Champs-Élysées
- Palestinians shot dead after Jerusalem Old City attacks
- 4 share lead after 1st round at St Jude Classic
- John Oliver Digs Into Trump's Empty Rhetoric On Reviving The Coal Industry
- Hub On Everything From Trade News To McPhee's Negotiations With Teams
- Man stabbed after being swarmed by group of teenagers in Dartmouth
- Kenya Moore shares photos of mystery wedding