The timing was flawless for the 32-year-old singer, who just released her new album "Witness" on June 9th, 2017.
The singer became the most followed person on the platform a year ago and her recent album release, Witness, is what likely caused her to reach the nine figure follower count.
Katy Perry claimed her third straight Number One album as her new LP Witness debuted atop the Billboard 200.
Airbus upgrades world's biggest passenger jet
This will add 23 more passenger seats and significant potential for increased revenue to be generated. It will also have an increased maximum take-off weight and need less regular maintenance checks.
The "Teenage Dream" singer's current bio on the social networking site is: "I know nothing", whereas, it used to be "Artist".
The ' Chained to the Rhythm' singer joined Twitter in 2009 and has sent out about 8,500 messages since. Last year, Perry was also the first person ever to gain 90 million followers and this time she has broken her own record.
Perry beats Justin Beiber (who has 96.7m followers) and Barack Obama (who has nearly 91m followers).
Singers Taylor Swift and Rihanna are 4th and 5th, with 85 million and 74 million followers respectively. Some of these accounts include Ellen DeGeneres, Cristiano Ronaldo, CNN Breaking News, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Gates, ESPN, Donald J. Trump and Neymar Jr.
- L'international varois Eric Melville est décédé — Toulon
- Milan AC : Mino Raiola revient sur le cash Milan-Gianluigi Donnarumma
- Kashmir on edge ahead of India-Pakistan ICC clash
- West Indies name unchanged squad for first two ODIs against India
- Teeny kitten gets rescued from a Tesla Model X bumper
- LPGA Tour 2017: final results, leaderboard for Meijer Classic (Brooke Henderson winner)
- Representative Steve Scalise's Condition Improves to "Serious"
- Fakhar, Amir star as Pakistan stun India
- Donald to lead Chiefs against Lions
- Shiv Sena non-committal on BJP Presidential candidate