"Such acts will have no other result than to reinforce hatred for the U.S. government and its agents in the region, like the Saudi (government)", he wrote.
Authorities said Saturday that they identified and arrested an IS-affiliated cell of some 60 members in the suburb of Tehran, Iran's IRNA news agency reported.
An Iranian journalist claimed on Twitter that a woman arrested by authorities was a mastermind behind the attacks.
The militant group's Amaq news agency released a video on Thursday evening showing what it claimed was a message from the Tehran attackers.
Rep. Scalise's Condition Upgraded from Critical to Serious
Doctors immediately performed surgery, but additional operations will be required, the hospital said in the late-night statement. Scalise was shot Wednesday, June 14, 2017, at a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va., congressional officials say.
Up to 50 people have been arrested in Iran in connection with terrorist attacks in Tehran last week that left 17 people dead.
During the funeral, Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani called the US the "international" version of the Islamic State group and said Washington had exchanged democracy for money, a reference to a recent huge arms deal between the USA and Saudi Arabia.
Khomeini's successor and the current Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, as well as the speaker of Iran's parliament, Ali Larijani, both tried to downplay the seriousness of the attacks.
There have been attacks on the Saudi security forces and the country's minority Shiite population and on Medina- one of the holiest sites in Islam.
Iranian lawmakers said the intelligence minister had assured them that "all Islamic state elements have been eliminated" in the country.
The pragmatist president championed a nuclear deal with the United States and five other powers in 2015 that led to the lifting of most sanctions against Iran, in return for curbs on its nuclear programme.
- Pakistan smash 338 vs India in Champions Trophy final
- Pakistan set 339 for India
- Trois nationalistes corses élus députés, une première historique — Législatives
- Strs Ohio Raises Stake in Pzena Investment Management Inc (PZN)
- Brooks Koepka sets pace in US Open finale
- Mexico says sugar exports to United States to remain duty
- Confederations Cup Preview: Groups And Game Times
- Pakistan, India face off in historic cricket final
- Britain left 'sombre' by London tower inferno, says Queen
- Second tour des législatives françaises: 35,33% de participation à 17h