Some at the club had questioned the need to spend so much on a left-back when Marcos Alonso impressed so much last term, but Conte sees the Brazilian as a huge upgrade and intends to be utterly ruthless in improving his squad this summer.
It has been suggested that an offer of £55million will be enough to lure Sandro away from Juve, while another £40million will be enough to add defensive midfielder Bakayoko to the Chelsea squad. While left back doesn't immediately stand out as a position on which to spend a club-record transfer fee (which is still the £50m spend on Torres in January 2011), we saw just how crucial the wing-backs are to the efficient operation of the 3-4-3 and Marcos Alonso can not once again be expected to handle the entire left flank by himself the entire season.
Moreno strikes late as Mexico hold Portugal
But with the 90 minutes up, Mexican defender Moreno rose highest from the final corner of the game to head in the equaliser. Raphael Guerreiro miskicked a cross into the box, allowing Carlos Vela to play the ball back in for Hernandez to score.
According to the Guardian, the lack of progress on the transfer front has greatly frustrated the 47-year-old as rumours have grown of a fall out with the club's hierarchy.
The Chelsea director, Marina Granovskaia, has been in regular contact with Conte's agent, Federico Pastorello, over the summer and the club hope the manager will sign his contract extension, worth £9.6m a year through to 2021, upon his return to London.
"We said no, but today players are masters of their own destiny".
- London Police: Several Casualties After Vehicle Collides With Pedestrians
- Feu de forêt au Portugal: le bilan s'alourdit à 62 morts
- USA student, said to be in coma, released by North Korea
- Barça, Bayern… Deux nouvelles infos sur Verratti — PSG
- Seattle police: Officers shoot, kill knife-wielding woman
- India hits back at Trump over climate change
- Full coverage: Amazon is buying Whole Foods
- #GE2017: Polls open in key British election
- La Liga chief Javier Tebas "positive" of Cristiano Ronaldo innocence
- Boston Celtics: Trading top pick would be a mistake