Some at the club had questioned the need to spend so much on a left-back when Marcos Alonso impressed so much last term, but Conte sees the Brazilian as a huge upgrade and intends to be utterly ruthless in improving his squad this summer.
It has been suggested that an offer of £55million will be enough to lure Sandro away from Juve, while another £40million will be enough to add defensive midfielder Bakayoko to the Chelsea squad. While left back doesn't immediately stand out as a position on which to spend a club-record transfer fee (which is still the £50m spend on Torres in January 2011), we saw just how crucial the wing-backs are to the efficient operation of the 3-4-3 and Marcos Alonso can not once again be expected to handle the entire left flank by himself the entire season.
India hits back at Trump over climate change
Up to now, the United States has been reluctant to sign onto any agreement that allowed China to avoid commitments. The top U.S. diplomat also downplayed concerns that the Trump administration did not believe in climate change .
According to the Guardian, the lack of progress on the transfer front has greatly frustrated the 47-year-old as rumours have grown of a fall out with the club's hierarchy.
The Chelsea director, Marina Granovskaia, has been in regular contact with Conte's agent, Federico Pastorello, over the summer and the club hope the manager will sign his contract extension, worth £9.6m a year through to 2021, upon his return to London.
"We said no, but today players are masters of their own destiny".
- ACCC Begins Recruiting For Broadband Test
- Moreno strikes late as Mexico hold Portugal
- President Trump "Considering Terminating" Russia Special Counsel Robert Mueller
- USA student, said to be in coma, released by North Korea
- Government Ethics Office Releases Trump's Latest Financial Disclosure
- "En France, les Sénégalais ont tourné le dos à Macky" — Me Wade
- London attackers tried hiring 7.5 tonne lorry
- U.S. president acknowledges he is under investigation
- Rocket League Developers Reveal Nintendo Approached Them Regarding Switch Port
- Boston Celtics: Trading top pick would be a mistake