The most recent offer on the table would have the Sixers sending Boston several draft picks, including the No. 3 overall selection, in exchange for the top pick, which presumably would be Fultz. The Celtics would likely receive a package including the Sixers' pick this season, which falls at number three, and future first round picks.
In addition to not having Fultz on their team through this trade, the Celtics would be handing the 76ers, a team in their own division, an extremely bright future.
If Philly follows through on its current plans to take Fultz, he would provide the 76ers with a major scoring threat and ballhandler who could take some of the playmaking and decision-making pressure off Ben Simmons, who the Sixers took first overall in last year's Draft.
The Celtics were reportedly looking at drafting small forward Josh Jackson out of the University of Kansas earlier this week as well. The Celtics could probably land Jackson with the No. 3 pick, assuming the Lakers take Lonzo Ball with the second selection.
Raw: Vehicle Strikes Pedestrians on London Road
This comes after a month after three knife-wielding Islamist attackers went on a rampage in London killing seven people. They had plowied a van into pedestrians on the iconic London Bridge before stabbing revellers in a nearby market.
The last time the Celtics traded the No. 1 overall pick was 1980, when they traded it to the Golden State Warriors.
It seemed like a match made in heaven: Fultz fit with the Celtics' need, he was a Washington guy like Isaiah Thomas and the two knew each other, and he seemed to have the right attitude to fit in with Boston's culture.
Boston will thus have at least two potential lottery picks in 2018-the Celtics already have Brooklyn's unprotected first-round pick next year-along with 2019 first-rounders from the Clippers and Memphis.
On the surface it doesn't generally make sense to trade the first pick in the draft as teams usually believe that they are going to be selecting a sure-fire good player, if not a regular All-Star.
- Durant taking over NBA Finals
- Feu de forêt au Portugal: le bilan s'alourdit à 62 morts
- London Police: Several Casualties After Vehicle Collides With Pedestrians
- "En France, les Sénégalais ont tourné le dos à Macky" — Me Wade
- ACCC Begins Recruiting For Broadband Test
- President Trump's lawyer stresses he is 'not under investigation' by FBI
- Pakistan thrash holders India to win Champions Trophy
- Full coverage: Amazon is buying Whole Foods
- Rocket League Developers Reveal Nintendo Approached Them Regarding Switch Port
- USA student, said to be in coma, released by North Korea