Trump was mostly silent on Twitter on Saturday, before starting off Father's Day by extolling his accomplishments as president, writing:"The MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN agenda is doing very well despite the distraction of the Witch Hunt".
The Trump tweets come after the top lawyer for his transition team warned organisation officials to preserve all records and other materials related to the Russian Federation probe.
After Boente, the responsibility would fall to the USA attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina and then the US attorney for the Northern District of Texas.
Deputy attorney general Rod Rosenstein submitted a widely circulated memo to the president last month raising concerns over Mr Comey's performance, but Mr Trump later said he had already made the decision to fire Mr Comey. It also fits with a broader pattern of White House aides and officials seeking to discredit the mainstream media, which Trump has continually dismissed as biased and misleading "fake news".
The Washington Post reported Wednesday that Mueller's investigation had extended to include whether Trump committed obstruction of justice after Comey testified that the president had asked him to drop an investigation into Michael Flynn, his former national security adviser. The official demanded anonymity because the official was not authorized to be named discussing the deliberations.
Man pleads guilty after fatal shooting at TI show venue
NY rapper Troy Ave and two others were wounded in the shooting and his bodyguard, Ronald McPhatter, was killed. The May 2016 shooting at Irving Plaza happened just before T.I. was to perform.
Trump's apparent allegation-exhaustion also comes just two days after a gunman who was obsessed with posting anti-Trump rhetoric opened fire on GOP legislators at a baseball practice, critically wounding Rep. Steve Scalise and four others.
The White House confirmed Mr Mueller was among the candidates the president interviewed to replace Mr Comey.
"Why is that Hillary Clintons family and Dems dealings with Russian Federation are not looked at, but my non-dealings are?" he said.
Mueller investigation appeared to be reaching a broadening circle of current and former officials.
- Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 16, 2017After 7 months of investigations & committee hearings about my "collusion with the Russians", nobody has been able to show any proof. Sad! Although USA Today also noted that the tweet came shortly after a Washington Post report that Mueller's team is also investigating Trump son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner's business dealings.
Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, had written a memo castigating James Comey before Trump dismissed the Federal Bureau of Investigation director - a memo that the White House at first said was critical to the decision, before Trump suggested it was irrelevant because his mind was already made up. Reports have alleged that Trump asked both men to publicly quash the credibility of the Russian Federation investigation.
- De Villiers to lead Proteas in England T20 series
- Jay Z Thanks Rappers Who Inspire Him, Says Black People Are 'Magic'
- USA lawmaker shot by anti-Trump gunman showing improvement
- Toyota décroche une pole record
- India bowl against Pakistan in Champions Trophy final
- UK to double length of next Parliament to deal with Brexit
- Justin Thomas shoots 63 in US Open third round
- Harman leads US Open by 1 shot heading into final round
- Justin Thomas Makes History With 63 In US Open
- Amazon stumps up nearly $US14B for Whole Foods Market