Leftist leader Pansare was shot dead by two unidentified persons in 2014 when he was returning home from his morning walk.
While the state will challenge Gaikwad's bail, Pansare's family members said they were pained by the development. Advocate Sanjay Punalekar submitted that the statement of Uma Pansare (deceased's wife) says that there were two killers on a bike - Sarang Akolkar and Vinay Pawar.
Arguing against granting bail to Gaikwad, Mr. Nimbalkar said that there was direct evidence of an eyewitness and corroborative circumstantial evidence to link the Sanatan activist to the murder. A report from a Bangalore-based lab said that the same weapon was used to kill Pune-based rationalist Narendra Dabholkar and Pansare.
Theresa May tries to quell public anger, meets fire victims
Al Jazeera's Neave Barker, reporting from London , said angry community leaders were demanding answers from authorities. The UK government has promised that all those made homeless by the disaster will be rehoused in the local area.
Following the court order, Sanatan Sanstha said it has full faith in the judicial system.
Strongly opposing the bail, Special Public Prosecutor Harshad Nimbalkar argued that if released on bail, the accused would attempt to influence witnesses in the case or even abscond. "Had the agencies done further investigation in accordance with the first and supplementary chargesheet, Gaikwad would not have got bail". Megha Pansare, the slain rationalist's daughter-in-law, said she was allowed to read the court order. "Last July, the Bombay High Court had rejected Gaikwad's bail after finding merits in the investigation".
The police arrested Gaikwad on September 15, 2015 on the basis of his suspicious telephonic talks. While his wife survived, Panasare died at a Mumbai hospital four days later.
- 58 people missing and presumed dead in London fire; number may increase
- Honour for Westminster attack Pc Keith Palmer who paid 'ultimate price'
- Donald Trump insists no 'proof' on 'collusion' with Russian Federation in 2016 election
- Former Georgia golfer Brian Harman leads US Open going into final round
- Several sailors' bodies found on stricken Navy destroyer
- London High-Rise Fire: UK opens criminal probe, death toll 30
- Republicans warn Trump not to fire special counsel Robert Mueller
- US Navy: bodies of missing sailors found inside damaged destroyer USS Fitzgerald
- How Many National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ:NCMI)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Cristiano Ronaldo to leave Real Madrid? The latest odds on his future