The win virtually secured India's place in the quarterfinals of the tournament.
India have a fair record against Canada, having won their league stage matches in the 2015 and 2016 Sultan Azlan Shah Cup with a score of 5-3 and 3-1 respectively.
India had earlier defeated Scotland 4-1 in their opening encounter on Thursday.
Ramandeep Singh was the man to come to India's rescue, scoring that all-important equaliser, which ended up deflating the Scotland resistance and opened up the rest of the scoring for India.
Cubs' Uehara picks up 2nd win of season
Rizzo has proved to be a spark plug in the top spot with those two home runs in his first two games as a leadoff hitter. Pirates: Jameson Taillon (3-1, 2.90) will try to win his second straight start since returning from a cancer scare.
"We knew we didn't start well", Ramandeep said. Ramandeep, who would finish the match with a brace, revealed it was a stern team talk from coach Oltmans that inspired the turnaround in the second half. "He has asked us to bring in more aggression into our game and aim at finishing on top of the table in the league stage", Manpreet added.
India's poor conversion rate from penalties corners will be the only concern as they prepare to play arch-rivals Pakistan next on Sunday. "We have got some new faces up front and they are firing, so teams will have to be wary of that now". "We just want to perform to our potential and enjoy ourselves while we give it our best", he concluded.
According to information available here, Pakistan lost to Canada 0-6, the heaviest defeat against the North Americans and did not match to what the Canadian have dictated a true lesson of hockey to once the giant of hockey. So, getting a win, and an impressive one at that, will be vital. All matches are Live on Star Sports 2, HD2 and Hotstar.
While cricket action unfolds at 3 PM IST.
- Pakistan hope Hasan will shine again in CT final
- Donald Trump Plans To Announce New Restrictions On Cuba Trade And Travel
- Trump curtails Obama-era's opening with Cuba
- LeBron James 'Likely' Headed To Lakers Or Clippers In 2018
- Hogg to see specialist over cheekbone injury
- United States, China to meet on North Korea on Wednesday
- Xbox One X won't turn a profit for Microsoft
- United Kingdom police arrest seventh suspect over London bridge attack
- Trump uses Twitter to question probe of his campaign
- J&K assembly fails to pass GST bill amid ruckus