He said around 100 of those who were ill required critical hospital treatment in nearby city Irbil, after consuming an Iftar meal to break the dawn-to-dusk fast during Ramzan.
Unconfirmed reports say a second person, a woman, has died.
She would not speculate whether the poisoning might have been intentional.
The Hasansham U2 camp, between Mosul and Irbil, houses people displaced by an Iraqi offensive to capture Mosul from so-called Islamic State (IS). However, an Associated Press report said at least 200 people had been hospitalised.
The Kurdistan online newspaper Rudaw reported that refugees ate beans, rice, chicken, and a yogurt drink brought in from a restaurant in Erbil for Itftar before the outbreak.
Navalny jailed, 1500 arrested after protests across Russian Federation
Police detained more than 400 demonstrators at Navalny-organised rallies around the country, according to activist groups. There was no immediate comment from police on why Navalny had been arrested or where he was taken.
The camp is located in al-Khazer on the road linking Mosul and Erbil and houses those displaced due to the ongoing offensive to retake Mosul from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS).
Amira Abdulhaliq, from the United Nations' refugee agency, said it remained unclear at which point in preparing, packaging, transporting or distributing the meals, the food became contaminated.
Nowzad Hadi, the governor of the region's capital city Arbil, said on Tuesday that seven people of the Qatari charity were arrested.
Iraqi migration minister said Wednesday that more than 700,000 people live in refugee camps in Iraq after fleeing Daesh terror and military operations.
Rizgar Obed, a camp supervisor from the Barzani Charity Foundation, told Rudaw that authorities had previously banned outside organizations from bringing food to the camp, but they changed the regulations because they were "under great pressure". Weeks later, the head of the extremist group, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, announced the formation of a self-styled caliphate in Iraq and Syria from the pulpit of a Mosul mosque.
- Government says it has been "crystal clear" on approach to Brexit negotiations
- Steve Kerr trolls LeBron James at Warriors' championship parade
- Real Madrid want £174.5million for Manchester United transfer target Cristiano Ronaldo
- Play ball! GOP, Dems battle together as Team Scalise
- Mistrial Declared In Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Case
- Southern Baptists Try Alternate Resolution Against the Alt-Right
- Tanaka looks to end struggles in matchup with Angels
- Trump acknowledges he's under investigation
- Trump confirms he's under investigation, lashes out at deputy attorney general
- Production on 'Bachelor in Paradise' suspended due to 'allegations of misconduct'