Commander of the First Naval Base Rear Admiral Amir Hossein Azad in a joint press conference with commander of Chinese visiting' fleet-150' in Bandar Abbas on Thursday evening said that the maneuver will be held in the east of the Hormuz Strait and north of the Indian Ocean. The naval maneuvers come amid growing tensions between the U.S. and Iran, as Washington prepares a new round of sanctions against Tehran.
USA and Iranian warships have had a number of tense encounters in the Persian Gulf in recent years.
Iran and China are now conducting a joint naval drill in the Strait of Hormuz, according to the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA). Some 700 Iranian navy personnel will be participating in the drill.
US revokes blocked program to protect immigrant parents
Immigration restriction group NumbersUSA said it was "thrilled" that DAPA was rescinded, but wanted to see Trump continue to DACA. The DAPA would have guaranteed protection for immigrant parents of USA citizens if the court hadn't blocked its implementation.
It had berthed at the southern Iran port city of Bandar Abbas on Thursday after travelling there from the Pakistani port of Karachi, where it had docked on a training mission.
"Now, think of 300 fast boats armed with weapons and Katyusha [rockets] approaching [an aircraft carrier] at 130 km/hr".
In May, Gen. Ahmad Mousavi, commander of a special forces unit of the Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Navy, set out the IRGC Navy's strategy for attacking American aircraft carriers in the Gulf. "We will attack these vessels first", Mousavi said in an interview to Iranian Fars News.
- Florida Highway Patrol Trooper dies after I-75 crash
- Watch CT 2017 final live on Tv, Online
- India vs. Pakistan: ICC Final Odds & Prediction
- Columbia Property Trust, Inc
- Sen. Feinstein 'Concerned' Trump Will Fire Investigators
- WWE Releases Video Of All 50 WWE Champions, WM22 MITB Ladder Match
- Understanding Congressional Confusion on Health Care
- Favourites India take on Pak in big clash today
- At Louisiana's Capitol, a blood drive for US Rep. Steve Scalise
- No locals taken on first day of Major League Baseball draft