Three employees at a produce processing facility in Ventura County were arrested this week after detectives uncovered an illegal avocado sales operation at the location, officials said Friday. In particular, they are suspected of stealing avocados from their employer, Mission Produce in Ventura County, for resale.
Thirty-eight-year-old Joseph Valenzuela, 28-year-old Carlos Chavez and 30-year-old Rahim Leblanc were each charged with grand theft of fruit and were being held in jail on bail of $250,000 each.
Avocados are important to Californians - so much so that they were the subject of a grand theft investigation that led to multiple arrests this week in Southern California.
Birmingham win will not have any relevance: Kohli
Just like the other matches of this edition, the ICC Champions Trophy final between India and Pakistan will begin at 3:00 PM IST. Once the final is over, the focus will be on preparing a core squad for the 2019 World Cup.
Anyone who purchased avocados from the Mission Produce facility on Dufau Road within the last few months is encouraged to contact Sheriff's Detective David Boynton at 805-388-5100.
So why steal and sell avocados, specifically? As noted by the Washington Post, avocado prices are now the highest they have ever been on record.
"You have increased consumption in China and other areas of the world, like Europe", Roland Fumasi, an analyst at Rabobank in Fresno, California, told Bloomberg.
Valenzuela, Chavez, and Leblanc are now being held at Ventura County jail with bail set at $250,000 each.
- Trump says those driving Russia investigation are 'very bad and conflicted people'
- Bat-Signal City Hall: LA Lights Up Night to Honor Adam West
- Judge declares mistrial in Cosby case after jurors fail to reach verdict
- Mickey Arthur: Final will be about 'us' and not India
- Sekhar Kammula's Fidaa Teaser To Be Released Soon
- Sirius XM Downgraded To 4.5 Stars By Vetr
- Secret Service Says It Has No Audio Recordings, Transcripts From Trump WH
- Mort du matador espagnol Ivan Fandiño lors d'une corrida — Landes
- Trump disapproval hits record 60 percent
- NESN Rebuffs Jerry Remy Remarks Regarding Yankees Pitcher Masahiro Tanaka