The opening pair broke two records ─ one for the best score posted by Pakistani openers against India in an ICC tournament (86 runs), and the second for the best partnership against India in an ICC tournament when 100 came up for Pakistan in the 18th over.
If India manage to clinch the victory at the Oval today, they will become the first team to win the Trophy three times and join Australia as the second team to defend the title. Can Kohli boys repeat the same result? They not only failed to take wickets but also couldn't stop Pakistan's run flow.
Their hopes now rested largely on the shoulders of Shikhar Dhawan who had been in fine form in the tournament but he made only 21 before nicking the inspired Amir to wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed.
Pakistan: Sarfraz Ahmed (captain and wicket-keeper), Ahmed Shehzad, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Amir, Rumman Raees, Junaid Khan, Imad Wasim, Fahim Ashraf, Shadab Khan, Fakhar Zaman, Haris Sohail.
India lost its first wicket in the first over itself. This is only the second time the same has happened outside Asia.
Pakistan last won against India at an ICC in the 2009 edition of the Champions Trophy.
Louisville's Justin Thomas Sets A US Open Record
Of the five other players who shot a 63 in the third round at a major, none went on to win. As dominant as Woods was, he never reached 10-under par until the final round.
India's Jasprit Bumrah played a big hand in helping Fakhar collar the Indian attack with strokes all around the wicket.
In trying to up the ante, he got out but not before scoring a brilliant 114 off just 108 balls.
The team had a firm grounding with 56 runs on the board by the end of the first 10 overs, as the two openers scored from both sides, turning up the pressure on the Indian side.
Azhar also supported him with some stunning shots.
Pandya raced to his half-century in 32 balls, with the third of three successive sixes in one over from Shadab Khan - but after pressing on to a new career-best, with four fours and six maximums, he was run out in a hapless mix-up with Ravindra Jadeja which encapsulated India's miserable day.
But Pakistan made one change, with the fit-again Mohammad Amir, who missed Wednesday´s impressive eight-wicket semi-final win over previously unbeaten tournament hosts England with a back spasm, returning.
In Champions Trophy history 2013 has been the only edition in which the team batting first won the final.
- Portugal forward Andre Silva becoming Cristiano Ronaldo's perfect wingman
- Warriors: No decision made on White House
- Speculation On Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins Announcements
- Trump vs Comey looks set to run
- Kevin Spacey Added a New Celebrity Impression to His Arsenal: Fred Astaire
- Cosby jury told to rely on 'recollection' after asking 12th question
- Conrad Roy III's family breaks their silence after Michelle Carter is convicted
- Trump Hammers Obstruction Probe: Rosenstein 'Told Me' to Fire Comey
- Emmanuel Macron casts ballot in French parliamentary vote
- Marcel Keizer nouvel entraîneur de l'Ajax Amsterdam