Vendredi, 10 Juillet 2020
Dernières nouvelles
Principale » Armed police detain man at Palace of Westminster

Armed police detain man at Palace of Westminster

18 Juin 2017

Officers with the #London Metropolitan Police were forced to use a Taser on a man close to the Palace of #Westminster as the suspect appeared to reach for a knife.

Police said the man was acting suspiciously at around 11:00 am (1000 GMT) near one of the gates where a militant killed a policeman less than three months ago.

The exchange unfolded yards from the scene of the Westminster terrorist attack in March and comes amid heightened security after the Manchester and London Bridge atrocities.

Scotland Yard have not declared a terrorist incident but revealed counter-terror officers will be investigating "given the location, the circumstances and recent tragic events".

He remains in custody at a central London police station, the force added.

Eye-witnesses described seeing a man "tasered" by armed police outside the House of Commons after shouts of "knife, knife, knife".

"You could tell he was suspicious, he was stood there fists clenched. He looked quite an angry geezer", a witness, Bradley Allen, 19, told Reuters. Five, including Masood, were killed in the March attack and dozens were injured.

Mike Pence Hired a Personal Lawyer to Handle the Russia Investigation
The emergence of the obstruction of justice inquiry may make it harder for Trump to have Mueller removed. The protesters cleared out shortly after Pence's motorcade arrived. "I hope you can let this go".

'Within seconds there were police all around and they had him pinned down.

He drove into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge, killing four, and fatally stabbed a policeman guarding the gates of parliament before being shot dead by armed officers.

"Armed police everywhere, telling everyone to move back, and we all got pushed back".

A Met spokesman confirmed an arrest had been made and there were no reports of any injuries.

London Metropolitan Police said in a statement that they led the suspect away from the scene after questioning him outside the #Houses Of Parliament for approximately 30 minutes.

Ben Glaze, a political reporter from the Daily Mirror says he saw police take some items from the floor around the suspect.

The Carriage Gates entrance to Parliament was closed following the arrest but has since been reopened.