People sit around the fountains at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.
A noose was found hanging from a tree outside of the National Gallery of Art Saturday afternoon, the third of this type of incident in the last few weeks. It was found on a lamppost in the area of 3rd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.
Last month, a noose was discovered inside the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, prompting a portion of the museum to be closed for almost three hours while police investigated.
Incendie de Grenfell : 58 personnes mortes ou présumée mortes
Les bâtiments de grande et très grande hauteur font l'objet d'une réglementation spécifique et particulièrement stricte. Evoquant une "tragédie inimaginable", Mme May promet que son gouvernement fera "tout ce qu'il faut".
This noose sighting is the third one on the National Mall.
Police told BuzzFeed News Saturday that all three incidents remain under investigation. It is not and the story has been changed to reflect that correction.
- Hampshire Pride chief slams Theresa May over DUP talks
- EU's Brexit Point Man Barnier: 'I Can't Negotiate With Myself'
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- LeBron James, Draymond Green troll one another on social media
- Day two ends with four-way tie
- US Rep. Scalise's condition upgraded to 'serious' after shooting
- #PhilandoCastile: Closing Arguments Complete, Jury Begins Deliberations in Trial of Jeronimo Yanez
- 58 presumed dead in London tower blaze
- Democrats Win Congressional Baseball Game After Steve Scalise Shooting
- Thomas shoots 63; breaks US Open record