People sit around the fountains at the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.
A noose was found hanging from a tree outside of the National Gallery of Art Saturday afternoon, the third of this type of incident in the last few weeks. It was found on a lamppost in the area of 3rd Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW.
Last month, a noose was discovered inside the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, prompting a portion of the museum to be closed for almost three hours while police investigated.
Judge declares mistrial in Cosby's sexual assault case
Dozens of women have accused Cosby of misconduct, but Andrea Constand's accusation was the only one that led to criminal charges. Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial ended Saturday in a mistrial after jurors said they were hopelessly deadlocked.
This noose sighting is the third one on the National Mall.
Police told BuzzFeed News Saturday that all three incidents remain under investigation. It is not and the story has been changed to reflect that correction.
- Betts homers in 8th inning, sends Red Sox past Astros 2-1
- Adam West, Star Of "Batman" And "Family Guy", Has Died
- LeBron James, Draymond Green troll one another on social media
- World's top 3 make history, miss cut
- Paul Casey survives up-and-down round to take clubhouse lead at US Open
- DUP to 'support soft Irish border' in Brexit talks
- Décryptage d'une crise diplomatique sans précédent — Qatar
- 'Good progress' in DUP talks - Gavin
- Judge declares mistrial in Cosby sexual-assault case
- US Open 2017: Four tied for lead heading into the weekend