The 48-year-old led Jong Ajax to second place in the Eerste Divisie last season, but he has now made a step up to coach the first team, signing a contract until 2019, with the option of a further year.
"It's appropriate for Ajax to look internally for a replacement, in the past many coaches have been appointed from within their own club".
"The conversations we had were really positive and I also feel trust from the club", he told the club's official website.
Keizer added: "This is a great opportunity which I will seize with both hands".
U.S. lawmaker Scalise improving after baseball field shooting
The FBI said it was investigating the shooter's "activities and social media impressions" in the months leading up to the attack. Scalise, the No. 3 House Republican, arrived at the hospital via helicopter in shock, with intense internal bleeding, Sava said.
As well as being a Cambuur player, technical director and coach, he also had spells in charge of Telstar and Emmen before returning to Amsterdam.
Edwin van der Sar, the club's CEO, says they are confident they have the right candidate.
The former defender, who began his playing career with Ajax, knows he won't have much time to get used to his new role, as the club are scheduled to enter the Champions League qualifying rounds in late July. I'm now on holiday but will be proud to put my signature to the new contract soon.
Keizer takes charge of Ajax after they finished second in the Eredivisie and reached the Europa League final, where they were beaten 2-0 by Manchester United.
- Sheriff David Clarke Isn't Taking Homeland Security Job After All
- Despite Clinton impeachment vote, Gingrich says President 'cannot obstruct justice'
- Camille Cosby claims 'overtly arrogant' judge collaborated with 'exploitively ambitious' DA
- CNN sues Justice Department for copies of Comey's memos on Trump
- Mistrial declared in Cosby case after jury deadlocks again
- Martin Jr., Bell, Keller Bring Omaha Experience To Baseball Staff
- USA congressman Scalise still in critical condition - hospital
- London tower fire: Death toll rises to 30, could climb over 100
- US Democrats Warn Trump Against Firing Special Counsel Mueller
- Canaccord Genuity Reaffirms Hold Rating for Barratt Developments Plc (BDEV)