In March, six people were killed in an explosion and a fire at the Ordnance Factory in Khamaria (OFK) in Jabalpur district of Madhya Pradesh.
The ordnance facility, Ammunition Factory Khadki situated on the banks of the Mula river, manufactures ammunition for small arms.
Military experts are conducting investigations at the blast site in which there was no damage to any buildings in the establishment, IANS reported citing an official statement.
4 soldiers killed in Nagorno-Karabakh fighting
Clashes over control of the region, which lies inside Azerbaijan but is controlled by ethnic Armenians , have stoked fears of a wider conflict breaking out in the South Caucasus, which is criss-crossed by oil and gas pipelines.
The deceased have been identified as Ashok Dubbal (48) from native of the state and Yash Mariya Oak (50), a Karnataka resident.
Senior officials, fire brigade personnel and medical staff rushed to the spot. Thereafter, corrective measures will be taken. "An inquiry will also look into the aspect of whether the standard operating procedures (SOPs) were followed by the employees or not".
"The accident took place in F2 section of the factory, where explosive fuses used for initiating secondary explosives are manufactured", said an officer.
- Niharika Konidela Second Film Launched Today
- Minnesota Police Officer Acquitted In Killing Of Philando Castile
- GOP Lawmaker Scalise Still Critical Though Doctors `Encouraged'
- Arsenal must spend more, but lay off Wenger says Petit
- Robert Mueller is investigating Jared Kushner and his finances
- The Scotia Howard Weill Upgrades McDermott International, Inc. (MDR) to "Sector Outperform"
- Congressional baseball game goes on in wake of shooting
- Buts de pénalité ? Ces nouvelles règles qui pourraient révolutionner le football
- Global Payments Inc. (GPN) Director William I. Jacobs Sells 600 Shares
- Ruthless Pakistan shock England in Trophy