Instead, he'll stay in the U.S.to work on resolving the crisis between Qatar and its neighbors.
Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan will represent the United States at the regional meeting scheduled for Monday to Wednesday in the resort city of Cancun.
Earlier this month, Saudi Arabia accused Qatar of sponsoring terrorism before cutting ties, closing transport links, and imposing sanctions on the neighboring Gulf state. On Friday, he met with a top adviser to the emir of Qatar at the State Department.
Jubeir said the list being compiled by the four Arab countries were not "demands" but "a list of grievances that need to be addressed and that the Qataris need to fix".
Doha uses the satellite network as a tool of instigation against other countries.
Jubeir did not detail what demands could be made.
England ODI team not 'finished article' yet, says Joe Root
Pakistan will now play the victor of the second semi-final between India and Bangladesh to be played tomorrow in Birmingham. This will not be an easy fixture for India, as Bangladesh have shown in recent times that they can beat the best.
Another Al-Jazeera Arabic account described the move as part of an "organized campaign" targeting it. Al-Jazeera has said it has come under cyberattack as well amid the diplomatic crisis.
The main account went offline at about 10am local time, 07:00GMT, and was reinstated after about three hours. Disruption (by others) will not stop because the truth terrifies them.
A spokesman for the channel said the cut may have been due to a technical problem and that all Twitter accounts affected were back online. "We'll be back." In another tweet, he said that no other "channel in the world. faces the same amount of conspiracy".
The account was restored later on Saturday.
The television channel has always been a target for criticism by other Middle East countries, with Al-Jazeera banned on several occasions.
- 4 soldiers killed in Nagorno-Karabakh fighting
- Two die in a blast at Khadki Factory
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Rosenstein Says He Wouldn't Follow Order to Fire Mueller Unless 'Appropriate'
- Plusieurs personnes impliquées dans le crime — Affaire Grégory
- Oakland triumphant as parade celebrates NBA-champion Warriors
- Foster calls on Sinn Féin 'to tango' with DUP in talks
- Ruthless Pakistan shock England in Trophy
- Trump's Staff Has Reportedly Talked Him Out of Firing Mueller
- Labour reshuffle unlikely today as Owen Smith poised for comeback