"He is motivated, just like me", said the 21-year-old Silva at a news conference in Kazan ahead of Portugal's opening Confederations Cup match against Mexico on Sunday.
Ronaldo was making the headlines on Friday, two days before Portugal's Confederations Cup debut in Russian Federation, because of a report that said he wants to leave Real Madrid and Spain following allegations that he defrauded the country's tax authorities.
It seems nearly impossible to even consider that Ronaldo would ever leave Madrid, but with even Spanish newspapers confirming the veracity of the rumours, noting that Florentino Perez is in talks with Jorge Mendes, perhaps it is time to consider where a 32-year-old Cristiano would move.
The Portuguese sports daily A Bola published a front-page story Friday saying that Ronaldo was upset with the accusations made against him and that his decision was "irreversible". The information could not be independently confirmed by The Associated Press.
Carnage at US Open as world's top three sent packing
Day admitted the course lay-out had played on his mind in both his rounds. "I just played bad golf, man", Day said with a chuckle. Harman, a two-time PGA Tour victor from Georgia, said, "I was pretty nervous this morning and I got off to a little shaky start".
He is now at the Confederations Cup in Russian Federation with the Portuguese national team where his team mate Andre Silva said that Ronaldo was motivated for the tournament.
On Tuesday, a Spanish state prosecutor accused Ronaldo of four counts of tax fraud from 2011-14 totaling 14.7 million euros ($16.5 million). Ronaldo has denied any wrongdoing.
Madrid expressed "full confidence" in the Portugal global in a statement released on Wednesday. Ronaldo led Real Madrid to their 12th European Cup earlier this month after scoring two goals in a 4-1 victory over Juventus in the Champions League final, becoming the tournament's top scorer.
- Brexit talks will begin on Monday despite Britain's political chaos
- Trump Allies Try to Discredit Special Counsel Mueller After Initial Praise
- UK's May pledges $6.4 million for fire survivors
- Les époux Jacob dans les filets de la justice — Affaire Grégory
- RT Ruptly Producer Attacked in London During Protest Over Grenfell Tower Fire
- Vers une mise en examen des époux Jacob — Affaire Grégory
- McIlroy dismisses Twitter criticism after US Open exit
- La grand-tante et son époux incarcérés — Grégory
- Trump Addresses Congressional Baseball Crowd to Call for Unity: 'Let's Play Ball'
- Le parquet général requiert la mise en examen de — Affaire Grégory