Charles Orear, an acquaintance of Hodgkinson's who said he campaigned with him for Sanders, told The Washington Post that Hodgkinson was a "quiet guy" who was "very mellow, very reserved". "Sanders said he was 'sickened by this despicable act" and condemned it "in the strongest possible terms". She said he has been living in Alexandria, Virginia, for the past two months.
Sen. Bernie Sanders, who led a progressive, left-wing populist effort that very almost won him the Democratic presidential nomination, condemned the shooting Wednesday at a congressional baseball practice - and acknowledged the suspect was apparently a supporter of his campaign. Duncan said he told him they were Republicans, and Hodginkson continued toward the field. "Income inequality, the rich need to pay more, life sucks, blah blah blah".
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was among several people shot. Teammates say Scalise dragged himself across the field leaving a trail of blood. Her husband was at home all day with them, she said, and she thought he might have wanted a break. An aide of Texas Rep. Roger Williams and Capitol Police officers also were shot.
In 2006 Hodgkinson was arrested for forcing his way into a neighbour's home where his teenage foster daughter was staying. He married and lived in the town with his wife. The most recent conviction on his record was for a "petty offense" of failure to obtain an electrical contractor's license, in 2009.
Hodgkinson appears to own a home inspection business.
Special counsel is investigating Trump
Comey testified in a Senate hearing last week that he believed he was sacked "because of the Russian Federation investigation". An hour later, Trump was back at it, calling the investigation the "single greatest WITCH HUNT in American political history".
Hodgkinson was found to have had a handgun and 7.62-caliber rifle that both were purchased by licensed sellers, the Federal Bureau of Investigation said in an update Thursday.
I believe anything near these rates would be fair and balanced.
Pearlman said Wednesday he did not personally know Hodgkinson. "It's the Midwest", he said. He also didn't care much for his presidential opponent, Hillary Clinton, stating in one post during the 2016 election that "a vote for Clinton was a vote for Trump".
The suspect in a Wednesday morning shooting that injured a Republican congressman has been identified as James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement sources.
The teenager's mother entered the fray, hitting her daughter, pulling her hair to get her out of the auto and threatening to put her back into foster care, the report said. The daughter refused and locked herself in a bedroom before Hodgkinson again forced his way in and "became violent", grabbing her by her hair and throwing her on the floor, according to the report.
- Iran says it has killed mastermind of twin Tehran attacks
- Migrants sending billions more home than in 2007
- Trump tweets of witch hunt amid Russian Federation probe, bashes Hillary Clinton
- Trump lashes out at 'bad,' 'conflicted' Russian Federation investigators
- White House officials deny claim Trump seeking Mueller firing
- Recul inattendu des prix à la consommation en mai — Etats-Unis
- Newt Gingrich says Mueller's Russian Federation investigation is a "rigged game"
- Trump attacks obstruction of justice probe by former Federal Bureau of Investigation chief Mueller
- Richard Jefferson jabs Kevin Durant, lays course for unlikely Cavaliers Finals comeback
- Warriors say no decision made on White House visit