The packages contained threatening letters and a suspicious substance. Suspicious packages were delivered to several homes in Handel's Roswell neighborhood on Thursday, as well.
Police responded to reports of a suspicious package in the neighborhood of George Congressional canidate Karen Handel. The campaign said that package contained "threatening letters and a suspicious substance".
Handel said she was aware of the "vile comments" and called for civil discourse in politics. DeKalb County Police and the DeKalb County Fire Department were notified about the package at about 3 p.m. Thursday.
FOX 5 Atlanta is working with law enforcement agencies as the investigation continues.
"I just know that we live in an environment in which anyone who is involved in political life is subject to being attacked", he said.
Ossoff's campaign told a local news outlet that they've been threatened a couple of times with violence too during the campaign and hired a security detail just today.
Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
C’est également le cas de l’attaquant de Liverpool Christian Benteke. C’est ce que vous découvrirez dans cet article.
Police say Roxburg Drive off Old Alabama Road in the Country Club of Roswell is shut down while crews investigate.
Politicians on both sides have had to contemplate heightened security procedures after Rep. Steve Scalise was shot Wednesday while practicing for Thursday's annual Congressional Baseball Game. On Tuesday, voters will head to the polls to fill the seat left vacant after Tom Price resigned to become secretary of health and human services.
The Ossoff campaign (the Democrat contender in the race) told local news, "that campaign staff and the Ossoff family have also received multiple threats of violence during this election".
The alleged shooter had professed years of deep disgust for the Republican Party and specifically commented on Handel in a Facebook post that said she "wants people to work for slave wages", according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Ossoff did not describe the nature of the threats.
- Cineworld Group plc (CINE) Receives "Buy" Rating from Deutsche Bank AG
- Otto Warmbier has 'Severe Neurological Injury,' 'Brutalized' by North Korea
- Mr. Met flips off fan at Citi Field after loss
- US Federal Reserve hikes rates again as confidence in the economy grows
- US Fed interest rate hikes keep coming
- Shock win - Pakistan through to Champions Trophy final
- Pakistan in maiden final
- Zidane wants Man United target to stay at Real Madrid
- What Are Analysts Report About Encana Corporation (ECA)
- Trump Appears Unlikely to Hinder Comey's Testimony About Russia Inquiry