Okja is set to arrive on Netflix on June 28th and will also receive a limited one day release in the States. But when the Mirando Corporation, a family-owned multinational conglomerate, takes Okja for themselves, Mija sets out to rescue the friendly beast. It's the newest directorial outing from director Bong Joon Ho, who after proving himself time and time again as a dependable and truly singular voice in the entertainment industry, made his biggest splash amongst the film community yet with 2014's Snowpiercer. With Okja the Korean auteur is tackling issues of consumerism, animal rights, the environment and corporate greed.
There's a new trailer for the upcoming Netflix movie Okja, and we're already sure this movie will reduce us to tears.
Okja launches in select theatres in NY and Los Angeles and on Netflix on June 28.
Harbour Porpoise Daisy Dies at Vancouver Aquarium
The aquarium argues that the park board doesn't have the statutory power to enact the bylaw. It is officially known as the Vancouver Aquarium Marine Science Centre.
Director Bong Joon Ho has assembled an esteemed global ensemble cast that includes Tilda Swinton, Paul Dano, Byun Heebong, Steven Yeun, Lily Collins, Giancarlo Esposito, Jake Gyllenhaal and introducing An Seo Hyun as "Mija".
Here's the official synopsis: "For 10 idyllic years, young Mija (An Seo Hyun) has been caretaker and constant companion to Okja, a massive animal and an even bigger friend, at her home in the mountains of South Korea".
Deftly blending genres, humor, poignancy and drama, Bong Joon Ho (Snowpiercer, The Host) begins with the gentlest of premises-the bond between man and animal-and ultimately creates a distinct and layered vision of the world that addresses the animal inside us all.
- Surprise de taille à l'épreuve d'histoire-géographie — Bac
- Facebook veut être un endroit "hostile" pour la propagande jihadiste
- The Wedbush Reaffirms Neutral Rating for First Data Corporation (FDC)
- Trump Is Now Under Investigation for Obstruction of Justice
- Barclays PLC (BARC) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by HSBC Holdings plc
- Doctors: Student freed by N. Korea has severe brain damage
- Teams Play for Wounded Lawmaker at Annual Congressional Baseball Game
- Resignation pressure rises on British leader after election
- Nicola Sturgeon warns Prime Minister Brexit deal needs Scotland's cooperation
- Un policier soupçonné d'avoir fourni des documents confidentiels à un agent marocain