"But we think the Lions will get better, I'm sure they will, they are quality players and there's no reason why they shouldn't".
Alun Wyn Jones will lead the British & Irish Lions against the Crusaders on Saturday as the touring team look to bounce back from their midweek defeat to the Blues. I thought we played pretty well and competed with a side that's got a very good record here at Eden Park.
"Last night's result against the Blues was disappointing", Gatland said in a statement on Thursday.
"So one thing going forward is we have to improve that at this point".
"(Wednesday's match) probably says the opposite but in areas we did well - it's just our discipline.
Terri Sewell votes against bill aimed at reversing Dodd-Frank financial regulations
That would likely mean a smaller number of limited changes to the Dodd-Frank Act rather than a major single legislative package. The most powerful Democrat in the chamber, California's Nancy Pelosi , described the legislation as "dastardly".
In their favour perhaps is the fact that they are starting halfback Conor Murray, an Irishman who can hold claim to being one of the best No9s in the world, and Englishman Owen Farrell, a talented operator and presumably their starting No10 for the first test on June 24.
The problem they have is that rather than players putting their hands up and forcing their way into the team, the trend so far is for players to play their way off it.
Their opponents, who featured eight All Blacks in their team, scored a game-winning converted try late on.
Robertson says the Lions will only be more determined following a hard first week of their tour, which began with a flattering win over an unheralded New Zealand provincial Barbarians team.
"A lot of credit has to go to the coaches because we knew it was going to be a tight 80-plus minute battle, and to get across the line, we are extremely proud".
"If we have to throw the ball as well, we will".
For much of the game they showed they had taken the step up as their forwards were more in control of their possession and willing to build pressure, while their defence kept the Blues pinned in their own half and did not allow them to get wide.
- India bowl against Bangladesh in Champions Trophy semi-final
- La police interpelle l'auteur d'un braquage
- 5 Ramifications of an Investigation Into Trump — NBC Analysis
- Un atterrissage comme un "petit accident de voiture" — Pesquet
- Minecraft Better Together Update Adds Cross-play
- Alibaba names Damon Xi UCWeb head in India, Indonesia
- Champions Trophy: Bangladesh skipper Mortaza wants to play with a free mind
- Inflation drops by 1% in Nigeria
- Minnesota leaders respond to shooting wounding GOP leader
- Minecraft is going Cross-Platform and 4K