Whenever cross-platform play has come up in the past, Microsoft has insisted that the ball was in Sony's court, and it appears that is true: Speaking with Eurogamer, PlayStation global sales and marketing head Jim Ryan said Sony's reasoning for holding out was about money.
"We've wanted to integrate cross-platform for ages, essentially making a version of Minecraft that's consistent no matter what device you're choosing to play on", Tom Stone, the creative communications assistant of Mojang AB, wrote in a blog post.
He went on to highlight Minecraft and the importance of protecting that community, which includes many young players.
Interestingly, Sony does believe in the core concept of cross-platform play, particularly between PlayStation system and PC users.
Facts About NBA Finals MVP Kevin Durant
Then he moved across the podium and hugged Stephen Curry before accepting his MVP trophy and hoisting it for everyone to see. As a grinning Curry held daughter Riley in his arms, Durant stood next to them with his left hand on the point guard's head.
"It's certainly not a profound philosophical stance we have against this", said Ryan.
The idea of cross-play (being able to play a single game across all gaming platforms) is something that Microsoft has been a big supporter of in recent years. But, if I were a betting man, I would say not to get your hopes up of playing Cross-Platform with Xbox One and Switch owners. "We're always open to conversations with any developer or publisher who wants to talk about it".
PS4 players, now is the time to petition Sony for change.
Eurogamer: It doesn't seem to be a problem for Nintendo, perhaps the most mindful video game company of the protection of children.
Jim Ryan: I don't think anything is ever a done deal.
- Le Stade de France a transformé l'hommage en fête — France-Angleterre
- The Alexandria shooting and Virginia gun laws
- Changement de plan pour Pallois — Bordeaux
- Witness captures Virginia ballpark shooting on cellphone
- Qatar denounces Gulf states' policy of domination
- 4K glory and cross-platform play
- USA troops near Marawi but not fighting rebels
- Plagiat : Amsatou Sow Sidibé griffe Cheikh Tidiane Gadio devant le Conseil constitutionnel
- Trump thinks he got 'total vindication' from Comey. Except he didn't.
- Morocco To Send Food To Qatar Amidst Gulf Diplomatic Crisis