But after Comey testified to Congress last week about what he said were Trump's attempts to get Comey to publicly exonerate him, Kasowitz maintained that Trump "was not under investigation as part of any probe into Russian interference".
The president's personal friend, Newsmax CEO Chris Ruddy said late Monday that Trump was considering terminating Mueller.
Comey had previously assured Trump he was not under investigation.
The leaders of the Senate Intelligence committee said in a statement issued Wednesday that they "look forward to future engagements" with Robert Mueller. He declined to comment further on the substance of the Post's story.
According to officials, investigators are also checking to see if there is any evidence that Trump associates committed any financial crimes.
Frank Buckley interviews Congressman Adam Schiff
Rosenstein said that Attorney General Jeff Sessions "actually does not know what we're investigating", and added: "Director Mueller is going to have the full independence he needs to conduct that investigation appropriately".
Mueller was on Capitol Hill Tuesday discussing the probe with Senate Intelligence Chairman Richard Burr of North Carolina and Virginia Sen. Mueller's office has now taken up that work, and the preliminary interviews scheduled with intelligence officials indicate his team is actively pursuing potential witnesses inside and outside the government. Both men refused to do so. That was something that Special Consul Mueller would have to examine, Comey had said.
She said Mr Trump was not able to watch much of Mr Sessions' testimony, but he thought Mr Sessions "did a very good job" and was especially "strong" on denying any collusion between Mr Trump's campaign and Russian Federation.
Several legal experts told Reuters that Mr Comey's testimony last week that Trump expected loyalty and told Comey he hoped he could drop an investigation of a former top aide could bolster obstruction of justice allegations against Mr Trump.
There's still an open question as to what, exactly, could happen if Mr Mueller does find the president violated the law in acting to disrupt an ongoing investigation.
Golden State Warriors Reportedly To Skip White House Visit
The game-changing spurt ended with a scuffle when Golden State's David West shoved Irving as he tried to grab the ball away. Not to mention a healthy one after his 2016 injuries. "They're so fast, they get out in transition".
- President Trump makes hospital visit after congressional baseball shooting
- Donald Trump Is Under Investigation for Obstruction of Justice
- Korea says it freed US student over humanitarian reasons
- US job market looks solid 8 years after recession ended
- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, aides shot near baseball field in Virginia
- Special counsel Robert Mueller investigating Trump for obstruction of justice
- Gunman who shot Republican congressman Steve Scalise supported Bernie Sanders' campaign
- Mozilla Releases Multi-Process Firefox Upgrade
- Senate Passes Russia Sanctions Amendment
- Golden State Warriors championship parade set for Thursday in Oakland