The newly-elected Labour MP in Gordon Brown's former seat has been appointed Shadow Scottish Secretary.
Mr Murray quit the shadow cabinet in protest at Corbyn's leadership previous year, forcing the Labour leader to appoint English MP Dave Anderson to the job. And Lesley Laird will be the new shadow Scottish secretary.
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said she would help the party present a "positive vision" for Scotland's future.
"She brings a wealth of knowledge and practical real life experience to the Commons, and will play a major role going forward as we hold the Tory Government to account".
Owen Smith will return to the shadow cabinet after failed leadership challenge.
Smith resigned as shadow work and pensions secretary in the wake of the European Union referendum last June.
The sad duty now his, Trump calls for unity after shooting
Earlier this month he used Twitter to denounce the mayor of London in the wake of a terror attack that left seven dead there. In a break from many of President Barack Obama's speeches after a shooting, Trump made no mention of gun regulations.
Corbyn said the party was poised to contest a new general election and "form the next government".
Coaker, his potential predecessor, forged a close working relationsihp with the DUP during his two terms as shadow Northern Ireland secretary under Ed Miliband and Corbyn.
Ian Lavery has been named Labour Party chair, with Mr Corbyn saying the role would ensure Labour was on a "permanent campaign footing" with the Conservatives in minority government.
His new role was one of four new appointments announced as part of a modest reshuffle - with most existing shadow ministers expected to remain in their posts.
'I look forward to working with the strengthened shadow cabinet as we prepare a government in waiting to carry out our manifesto for the many not the few.
But the Labour leader snubbed leading moderates in the party like Yvette Cooper and Chuka Umunna who had been tipped to make a comeback to the frontbench.
- QI & Technicals in View For Lundin Petroleum AB (publ) (OM:LUPE)
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions Dodges Donald Trump Questions, Angering Democrats
- Durant, Warriors help ABS-CBN win ratings battle for Tuesday
- Special counsel Mueller investigating President Trump for obstruction of justice
- Bernie Sanders says he is 'sickened by this despicable act'
- Gradient Investments LLC Sells 118801 Shares of Coca-Cola Company (The) (KO)
- Marty Banks gives Highlanders thrilling win over British and Irish Lions
- London inferno: Theresa May Govt. under attack for neglecting 'warnings'
- Fed raises rates and outlines balance sheet reduction plan
- Kerr expected to return as Warriors' coach