Authorities say a multi-vehicle accident on the George Washington Bridge has left one person dead and another person in critical condition.
A GMC Acadia with New Jersey plates crashed into the truck as it was stopped in a traffic lane, Pentangelo said. All five were in the SUV. They were being treated at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital in NY. The other injured passengers also were taken to Columbia-Presbyterian.
Building blaze in London now out
The London Evening Standard reported many more of the tower block's hundreds of residents are still unaccounted for. More than 200 firefighters were sent to tackle the blaze which was reported just before 1am on Wednesday.
The driver of the SUV - which had a young child riding in it - was extricated an hour later, according to a Port Authority spokesman. The baby and two adult women are serious but stable. The upper level was completely reopened at around 2:30 a.m., but there were inbound delays unconnected to the crash. All lanes of the upper level eastbound and one lane of the upper level westbound were closed.
Crash scene investigators spent several hours inspecting the scene of the crash in an effort to determine exactly what happened.
- Estranged wife of Lesotho prime minister-elect shot dead
- Cardiff pitch gave 'home advantage' to Pakistan: Eoin Morgan
- Pakistan stun South Africa with rain-hit, 19-run win
- India's Virat Kohli wary of Bangladesh threat in semi-final
- USA attorney general Sessions vehemently denies Russian Federation allegations
- Les prix à la conso stables en mai — Insee
- Yoko may get songwriting credit on Lennon's 'Imagine'
- Warriors looking to build a dynasty
- Anglo American plc (AAL) Receives Sell Rating from Liberum Capital
- Amit Shah to meet 'opposing' ally Uddhav Thackeray today