The hospital said Scalise, who was reportedly shot in the hip, was in critical condition earlier in the day.
Congressman Steve Pearce tweets he was also at the game, and was not injured. Two Capitol Hill police officers were hospitalised after the incident but it was not clear if both were wounded by gunfire. As of Wednesday afternoon, Mika was in surgery and in critical condition, according to a statement from his family.
Texas Rep. Roger Williams said that one of his aides, Zack Barth, was shot but was doing well and expected to fully recover. Congressional and law enforcement sources described it as a "deliberate attack".
Ousmane Dembele seals deserved win for 10-man France over England
He was a constant danger but it was another rampaging, rapid French forward who was the star turn at Stade de France . Players then stood side-by-side around the centre circle as a minute's silence was observed at the Stade de France .
Shortly after the shooting, Bernie Sanders, the former candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, said on the Senate floor that the shooter apparently was a volunteer for his campaign previous year. The last time a lawmaker was shot was when Democratic Rep. "Our thoughts and prayers are with the members of Congress, their staffs, Capitol Police, first responders, and all others affected", Trump said in a statement. Steve Scalise, R-La., on Wednesday night.
"Major League Baseball is a proud supporter of the Congressional Baseball Game, a longstanding bipartisan tradition and unifying event that benefits worthy charities".
The White House is aware of the situation.
Two lawmakers at the scene, Representatives Ron DeSantis and Jeff Duncan, said the apparent shooter asked them who was practising and they'd confirmed it was Republicans. Witnesses said Hodgkinson forced his way into the home looking for his daughter and grabbed her by the hair when he found her upstairs, according to a police narrative on file with St. Clair County Sheriff's Department.
The FBI is looking into Hodgkinson's recent activities, including inflammatory social media posts that might have belonged to him.
- United States citizen was detained in North Korea for pro-West material
- Trump affects Virginia primaries, but not as expected
- Dodgers Puig suspended 1 game for obscene gesture to fans
- With Shares Trading down at $62.67 (MBLY) Mobileye Announces Approval under Israel…
- London tower block fire: At least 12 dead, number expected to rise
- E3 2017: VR Game 'Star Child' Receives Trailer
- Durant shines as Warriors win title
- Judge orders continuation in Penn State frat pledge death preliminary hearing
- Research group finds results of Fiat emissions tests fishy
- Brexit 'Talks About Talks' Get Under Way in Brussels