The #Golden State Warriors are the 2017 National Basketball Association champions, and with that accomplishment comes the customary White House invitation. "After the New England Patriots won the Super Bowl earlier this year, some members of the team skipped the visit, but the likes of head coach Bill Belichick, owner Robert Kraft, tight end Rob Gronkowski and others still attended", TSN reports.
"I don't care what side of the political spectrum you're on", Kerr said. Honestly, I'm just going to go and enjoy the moment, just take it all in.
"We're going to do what our leader does", he said.
Kerr, who has visited the White House both as a championship player and coach, has also criticized Trump and his qualifications to be president.
Some of Kerr's players have also publicly condemned Trump, including forward David West, who said the day after the election that "This whole fairy tale about a post-racial utopia that (Barack) Obama supposedly created?"
Golden State Warriors Reportedly To Skip White House Visit
The game-changing spurt ended with a scuffle when Golden State's David West shoved Irving as he tried to grab the ball away. Not to mention a healthy one after his 2016 injuries. "They're so fast, they get out in transition".
President Ronald Reagan was the first commander-in-chief to regularly honor sports champions, and only a handful of champs have spurned presidential invites over the years.
After the embarrassing photos of the Patriots' visit went viral earlier this year - with what appeared to be just over two handfuls of players in attendance - the tone has already been set for athletes to continue this form of resistance. A reward for a team being the best in its respective sport perhaps meeting the President of the United States for the first time. When Kevin Pank, the CEO of Curry's sponsor Under Armour, called Trump a "real asset", Curry responded with a little humor.
Police issued more than 40 citations and towed at least 30 cars that were driving recklessly on city streets following the Golden State Warriors championship win. Following the locker room celebration is the grand parade to honor the team.
"Frankly, I think it's why Trump couldn't be more ill-suited to be president, because he's a blowhard".
And NBA title teams don't typically visit the White House until the next season, usually when they play the Washington Wizards.
- Post reports Trump under investigation for obstructing justice
- Congressman Steve Scalise One Of 4 Shot in Alexandria, VA
- Korea says it freed US student over humanitarian reasons
- House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, aides shot near baseball field in Virginia
- Gunman who shot Republican congressman Steve Scalise supported Bernie Sanders' campaign
- Kylie Jenner and Boyfriend Travis Scott Get Matching Tattoos See the Pics!
- Two Malaysian Air Force Pilots Die After Jet Goes Missing
- Donald Trump 'investigated over obstruction of justice'
- Mozilla Releases Multi-Process Firefox Upgrade
- Trump désormais visé par une enquête du FBI