At least 12 people have died and police expect the death toll to rise further after a blaze swept through the 24-storey apartment block in central London.
A local residents association had previously warned it was anxious about the risk of a serious fire in the block.
Residents are still not allowed to return to the mostly gutted building.
"We are aware that concerns have been raised historically by residents".
"Now clearly when you do that there are difficulties, problems, complaints, logistics to resolve and it is undoubtedly the case that the council received some complaints about the way the work was being conducted".
"This is an unprecedented incident", Fire Commissioner Dany Cotton told reporters.
Clarkson's girlfriend Lisa Hogan and daughter Emily Clarkson were also spotted heading to the local church with clothes.
More than 200 firefighters, backed up by 40 fire engines, fought for hours to try to control the fire, London's deadliest in a generation.
Residents also warned that site access for emergency vehicles was "severely restricted".
"We always take all concerns seriously and these will form part of our forthcoming investigations".
"This is a scandal".
"The truth is this should not be happening in the United Kingdom, one of the wealthiest countries in the world". "We were just standing screaming and they were screaming".
Un téléviseur 4K d'une taille gigantesque dévoilé
Si les écrans de télévision n'ont cessé de grandir ces dernières années, certains constructeurs jouent sur la démesure. La marque de luxe C SEED présente le téléviseur 4K le plus grand du monde, à mettre dans le salon de son manoir.
The Fire Brigade issued a similar notice for another KCTMO-managed building, Hazelwood Tower.
"It was too big for them".
Prime Minister Theresa May is expected to visit the scene of the tragedy later on Thursday to speak with emergency services and ensure that they have the resources they need to deal with the situation.
One woman lost two of her six children when trying to escape the burning tower block while others tried to throw their children to safety, witnesses said.
It's a question some are asking after a night of horrifying images of the blaze, which left at least 12 dead and dozens more injured.
Commander Stuart Cundy, of the Metropolitan Police earlier said the recovery operation would be complex "over a number of days".
Many residents who were sleeping said they didn't hear alarms as the fire swept through the tower block.
Residents said repairs had been made recently to the exterior of the block. About 600 people were believed to have been inside the tower's 120 flats when the blaze ripped through the building.
A tenants' group had complained for years about the risk of a fire.
It appeared that the fire was extinguished early Wednesday but it was ablaze again by 11.15 a.m.
London Fire Brigade said the fire engulfed all floors from the second to the top of the block which contained 130 apartments.
The Kensington and Chelsea Council, which oversees the area where the fire occurred and is Grenfell's landlord, said in a statement its immediate focus was helping victims and their families.
- US House GOP Whip in critical condition after shooting
- Abarth 695 Rivale : en hommage aux 175 ans de Riva
- 10-Man France Down England In Five-Goal Thriller
- Here's how late-night TV reacted to Jeff Sessions' testimony
- China fines Emirates after plane flew at wrong height
- Man arrested at Sydney airport 'attempting to go to Syria'
- Pakistan beat England to enter maiden Champions Trophy final
- E3 2017: Miyamoto, Ubisoft reveal Mario in XCOM clone
- US fighter jet deal, ship visit show military links to Qatar
- Trump lawyer to file complaint over Comey leaks