"He's the only person that I was looking at since 2012", Durant said after the game.
"I know our front office is going to continue to try to put our ball club, put our franchise, in a position where we can compete for a championship year in and year out", James said. "We're going down as one of the best teams ever, and that's a special thing you can not take away from us".
"I ain't got to say nothing", Durant said, as if that was all he had to say.
Golden State went 67-15 this season in locking up the top seed in the Western Conference. When people tell me I'm great, I remind myself that I can always be better. In Game 5 on Monday, Lebron James or Kyrie Irving or J.R. Smith would hit a big shot and the Cavaliers would believe they had a chance.
Featured Stock for Investors: AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS)
The basic materials company reported $0.19 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters' consensus estimate of $0.15 by $0.04. State of Alaska Department of Revenue raised its position in shares of AK Steel Holding Corporation by 2.7% in the first quarter.
Durant ripped out the hearts of Oklahoma City Thunder fans a year ago by leaving for the Oakland-based Warriors, which many considered the easiest route to an National Basketball Association title.
Curry embraced Durant's arrival after the Warriors dropped last year's finals to Cleveland in seven games, an unselfish attitude that reflected Durant's desires and created an inside-outside pairing that was almost unstoppable.
KD added that she knows everything he went trough and that in fact, they together were in it all the time.
Durant, who joined from the Oklahoma City Thunder last summer, was key to the Warriors' victory and their 16-1 postseason run - the best in the league's history. "All the focus seems to be on, "They're too good" as opposed to, 'What is it we should be doing to create more great teams in this league?' That's what my response is". Even the Finals themselves felt inevitable with Golden State defeating Cleveland in five games.
Warriors forward Kevin Durant, 28, was named the Most Valuable Player of the Finals.
"The toughest challenge was to come in here and see how I can help this team get better", Durant said. Im really proud where I am right now as a player and being as consistent every year as Ive been. I've been put here for a specific objective: "to be a witness and to share my testimony as I go through it".
- Brexit 'Talks About Talks' Get Under Way in Brussels
- Research group finds results of Fiat emissions tests fishy
- National Hurricane Center watching 2 disturbances
- Xbox One X: Microsoft's Gaming Comeback or Just Another PS4 Pro?
- Insomniac's Spider-Man Debuts Gameplay Footage, May Have Two Protagonists
- Woman trapped in Grenfell Tower films panic as fire engulfs block
- Trump affects Virginia primaries, but not as expected
- United States citizen was detained in North Korea for pro-West material
- Anadarko Lower After Barclays Downgrade
- Cambridge History Profs Stop Using The Word 'Genius' Because It's Sexist