The new iMacs will run you from anywhere between $1099 for the base configuration of the 21.5 inch model up to a starting price of $1799 for the 5K 27-inch iMac.
That crowd has felt neglected the past few years, and cast side-eyes towards the Windows PC camp where computers have been updated with the latest processors and more importantly, heaps of memory, fast disks and powerful graphics cards.
The 21.5-inch iMac will be priced at $1,099, the iMac Retina 4K 21.5-inch will go for $1,499 and the iMac Retina 5K 27 inch will start at $1,799. The iMac comes with support for USB Type-C port with Thunderbolt.
For starters, the 21.5-inch iMac for 2017 calls for $1,099 (£1,049, AU$1,599) to start, with options beyond that each increasing the price by 200 bucks in all currencies for additional processor clock speed as well as faster storage and discrete graphics down the line.
New drug that creates 'real sun tan' could reduce cancer risk
Now, they've figured out how to do the same in laboratory samples of human skin, inducing a tan exactly the same way the sun does. In animal tests, red-haired mice became "almost jet black in a day or two with a strong enough dose", the researchers observed.
Frankly, the straight iMac and iMac Pro look awfully similar save for a key color choice: the iMac's silver aluminum to the iMac Pro's space gray aluminum.
Apple bumped up the graphics prowess of the iMac range.
For the sake of making their differences crystal clear, we'll stack up the 27-inch iMac against the iMac Pro with the same dimensions. This is a super-powered version of the existing iMac desktop device, offering incredible specs and some real grunt. Some believe that these upgrades should have been implemented past year, especially the move to Kaby Lake processors.
The all-in-ones can be configured with up to 32GB of RAM, Fusion drives are now standard (hybrid HDD/SSD solution) and faster SSDs are offered with up to 2TB capacity. You'll have to wait until December for it, but if you do, you'll be rewarded with an 8-core Xeon processor and the AMD Radeon Vega GPU. Not only did Apple announce refreshes for its iMacs, but it also announced the iMac Pro for those who need a little more power.
The iMac Pro will start at $4,999 in the United States and will be available in December.
- Twitter thinks Gordon Hayward's joining the Celtics because of his daughter's outfit
- Wisconsin business leaders to meet with Trump
- NSW Man Charged Over Alleged Kidnapping, Sexual Assault Of Sydney Teen
- Le geste de Brad Pitt que Jennifer Aniston n'attendait plus
- The Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO) Getting Positive Press Coverage, Analysis Finds
- Wall Street falls as Apple drags tech shares lower
- Pfizer, Roche and Aspen face South Africa probe over cancer drug prices
- FDA delays rule requiring new nutrition facts panel on food
- Is James Comey Baiting Donald Trump into Making a Mistake?
- 'Anthem' Is the Brand New MMO Trying to Take the 'Destiny' Crown