Microsoft have announced the name of their Project Scorpio console to be Xbox One X. While the Xbox One was a behemoth when it first debuted, Microsoft found a way over the years to shrink down the footprint of its console and introduce the Xbox One S. Although its design offers some refinement, the Xbox One X takes that just a tad further with its much cleaner exterior.
The big news at E3, the video game industry's annual trade show that's going on this week in Los Angeles, is Microsoft's introduction of a new Xbox game console.
The US$499 (RM2,101) addition to the line-up was built with the muscle for seamless play on ultra-high definition 4K televisions and will be available worldwide on Nov 7, according to Xbox team leader Phil Spencer.
The feature will arrive later this year with Xbox admitting the feature has been tough to make available.
Keenly-anticipated new games shown off here include a new installment of "Assassin's Creed" from France-based Ubisoft, meant to reboot the long-running franchise by taking players back to the "origins" of the storyline in ancient Egypt.
PS4 consoles from the outset could power virtual reality, and Sony sells head gear for those experiences.
6 dead in shootings overnight in Baltimore
The first victim was found around 8:20 p.m.in the 1100 block of Mount Holly Street in the Edmondson Village neighborhood. Meanwhile, if you have any information on any of the murders from Monday, call Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7LOCKUP.
Game play on 4K screens, whether on televisions or personal computer monitors, is expected to be among themes at E3 this week.
"We are selling every single one we can make", Sony Interactive Entertainment worldwide studios chairman Shawn Layden said of PS4.
"I look at the PlayStation 4 Pro as more of a competitor to the Xbox One S than I do to Xbox One X. This is a true 4K console".
PlayStation has become the prime driver of revenue and profit at Sony, according to executives.
Another interesting announcement was the inclusion of more backward compatility for the console with original Xbox game support coming later in 2017, starting with Crimson Skies. When Geoff asked about the frame rate for Xbox One X to confirm whether this resolution allows them improved frame rate on the Xbox One X, Julien didn't reveal their target frame rate but promised that they are aiming to deliver the best experience possible on each platform.
- North Korea releases jailed US student 'in coma'
- Cette ferme à clics fonctionnait grâce à 500 iPhone et 400 000 cartes SIM
- May and DUP leader Arlene Foster set for crucial talks
- Skyrim is getting a VR version
- Sessions heatedly denies improper Russian Federation contacts
- Ben McAdoo looks like a 'Sopranos' extra now
- McMaster targets school buses, arts, parks money in first vetoes
- Durant powers Warriors over Cavaliers to win title
- North Korea frees US student held for attempted theft of propaganda poster
- Jeff Sessions testifies: What to expect from Tuesday's Senate Intelligence Committee hearing