The club reportedly had a £52m bid rejected by Real Madrid for the forward, and have since returned with a £60m offer.
The 24-year-old will join the Red Devils for £70million.
"They (United) are a club with great glamour, a very interesting option", Lopez is quoted as saying by Calcio Mercato.
Scroll through the gallery above to see which players are most likely to leave Manchester United during the summer transfer window. Not least because Man United have never opted for one of these talents from Madrid's conveyor belt of young, seemingly always pristine looking strikers, but also because, primarily, nobody really knows the true extent of Morata's potential yet.
Lopez also confirmed AC Milan were interested in Morata until they made a decision to sign Porto striker Andre Silva.
Police chief officially appointed in Victoria after 'challenging circumstances'
Manak said there are many challenges ahead and encourages communities to work with police to keep each other safe. But on Tuesday the Victoria and Esquimalt Police Board appointed Manak as the department's new chief constable.
'I can say that there's a very important offer and the decision now rests with Real'.
First up on the Friday is Manchester United target Alvaro Morata who will Wednesday long-term girlfriend Alice Campello in Venice.
But asked if a deal was near completion, Lopez was more cautious, adding: "I can not say - we will see".
"There have been frequent contacts [between us and AC Milan] until a few days ago, I can confirm that", he said.
'Quite simply, Real Madrid considered the offer from the Rossoneri unsatisfactory'.
- Trump Says Obamacare In "Death Spiral"
- Viewership down on ABC's 'The Bachelorette,' other reality
- Sessions: Collusion Suggestions Are 'Appalling And Detestable'
- 'Minecraft' cross-play not coming to PS4 despite Microsoft's interest
- Trump Lawyer to File Complaint Against James Comey for Leaking
- Top 8 lines from Jeff Sessions' hearing
- GOP Congressman Sees Health-Care Bill on President's Desk by August
- 'Perjury Trap': Hume Says Trump's Lawyers Won't Want Him to Testify
- Rocky Mount teacher accused of having sex with students faces judge
- Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Piper Jaffray Companies