Over the last four years, he's made appearances with Derby (where he'll head now permanently), West Brom, Norwich City, and Red Bull Salzburg most recently.
An experienced defender with 122 appearances to date, the pacey centre half who signed for Liverpool as a 14-year-old, clinched the Austrian league and cup double last year as a part of the Salzburg squad.
Derby's initial offer had a total value of £2m, including add-ons - but the two clubs are still negotiating, and there's a willingness by both sides to get a deal done. The first report, via John Percy of the Telegraph on Twitter, suggested a reported fee starting at £2 million and potentially rising up to £4.5 million when all is said and done.
Analyst Observation On 2 Stocks: Infosys Limited (INFY), Francesca's Holdings Corporation (FRAN)
The stock of Infosys Ltd ADR (NYSE:INFY) earned "Outperform" rating by Credit Suisse on Thursday, January 14. The stock has 5 year expected PEG ratio of 1.44 whereas its trailing twelve month P/E ratio is 15.33.
Jurgen Klopp has not included the versatile centre-back in his long-term plans, with a number of clubs interested in the former England under-21 worldwide.
It had already been reported that Liverpool wanted in the region of £4m for the player.
The versatile defender, who can play in central defence as well as in the right back role, was a key target for Derby manager Gary Rowett. Steve McClaren was in the dugout for Derby back then.
- Golden State Warriors parade set for Thursday in Oakland
- When It Comes To Their Private Conversations, It's Trump's Word Against Comey's
- American Student, Reportedly in a Coma, Sent Home from North Korea Prison
- MA girl saves friend using tip learned from 'The Hunger Games' books
- Talks at Stormont in bid to restore power-sharing
- General Motors Company (NYSE:GM) Updated Broker Ratings
- Coach Explains Why Jose Aldo Couldn't Kick At UFC 212
- Valuation Review and Technical Analysis of Ascena Retail Grp Cmn (ASNA)
- Dennis Rodman arrives in North Korea
- Rosenstein says he's seen no good cause to fire Mueller