After a nauseating round of soft-ball questions and a failure to hold Attorney General Jeff Sessions accountable, many breathed a sigh of relief to see Senator Kamala Harris preparing to launch her own set of questions at the man under oath. A black woman can't question a white attorney general?
While delivering a steady stream of questions to Sessions about the Trump administration colluding with Russia, Harris was instructed by McCain - who can be heard off camera - to let Sessions answer the question.
"And I'm not to be able to be rushed this fast". Kamala Harris (D-CA) were each left smirking after Sessions and his fellow Republicans successfully derailed her simple yes-no questions about executive privilege.
"If I don't qualify, it you'll accuse me of lying so I need to be correct as best as I can". This is a standard game: senators get only a short time for questioning, so witnesses often meander as a way of chewing up time and running out the clock.
"Sir, I'm not asking about the principle", Harris said.
While pressing Sessions on his campaign-era interactions with Russian officials, Harris attempted to hurry the exchange along to preserve her limited questioning time.
Warriors issue statement on possible White House visit
The game-changing spurt ended with a scuffle when Golden State's David West shoved Irving as he tried to grab the ball away. I've been lucky in my career, this is seven: "five as a player and two as a coach", Kerr said .
"If any brief interaction occurred in passing with the Russian ambassador during that reception, I do not remember it", Sessions said.
"Is that policy in writing somewhere?" she asked.
SESSIONS: We talked about it. Richard Burr, the chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, subsequently turned the floor over to the attorney general, who went on to say that he had consulted with senior Justice Department staff prior to his testimony about what he called a "longstanding policy" regarding communications with the president.
"It was a simple question", she wrote.
Harris cut in, saying, "Did you ask that it would be shown to you?"
- United Kingdom election shock could delay and soften Brexit
- South Korean military: Suspected DPRK drone spies on THAAD site
- Sounders eliminate rival Timbers 2-1 in US Open Cup
- Sony announces over 60 million PS4 sales worldwide [Video inclusive]
- Jeff Sessions to face questioning over Russian Federation contacts
- Warriors beat Cavaliers to win title
- Scottish leader Sturgeon says will work to keep Conservatives out of power
- US college student released by North Korea arrives in Ohio
- Stoke City keen to sign Hull City defender Josh Tymon?
- Deliberations resume in police officer's manslaughter trial