Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Tuesday that Israel had "no interest in an escalation", blaming internal Palestinian disputes for the crisis. "They should have some mercy in their hearts for the Palestinian people". Most see Abbas's request to slash electricity as a tactic to increase pressure on rival Hamas.
It stressed that there had been a "general absence of higher-level responsibility" in Israel for violations in the 2008-09, 2012 and 2014 conflicts in Gaza, "with only a handful of convictions, if any, issued for minor violations, such as theft and looting".
Meanwhile, Israel is a "key driver" of Palestinian humanitarian suffering, according to a separate United Nations report which cited the country's occupation of the West Bank and the blockade of Gaza. "Furthermore, the disastrous [Hamas] coup would not have happened were it not for the existence of the occupation, the siege, and the dismemberment of Palestinian lands", he said.
According to Secretary-General Mohamed Ateeq Al-Falahi, the Red Crescent's staff was stationed at a UAE field hospital in Gaza when Hamas fighters began firing rockets from their facilities to provoke an Israeli response. Israel withdrew entirely from the Gaza Strip in 2005, handing over control to the PA.
Kim Kardashian teases beauty line at Forbes summit
But it sounds like Kim is not giving her rapper husband any choice, so his protest against her decision means nothing to her. The post merely told us the launch date of an upcoming project-June 21, 2017-but it also had the enticing hashtag #kkbeauty.
"Netanyahu's government insists on continuing the occupation, refuses to bring peace, and hastens to obstruct any opportunity to revive the [peace] process". He called upon the Palestinian Authority, Hamas and Israel to put the welfare of Gaza's residents first and to take the necessary measures to avoid further suffering.
Gazans now receive electricity delivered from the territory's own power station and others in Israel and Egypt.
Gazans now receive only three to four hours of mains electricity a day, delivered from the territory's own power station and others in Israel and Egypt.
- London Fire: Horrified witness describes parents 'throwing kids' to safety during blaze
- Tour de Suisse: la 5e étape pour Sagan l'emporte, Caruso en jaune
- The Senate Intelligence Committee Let Jeff Sessions Off The Hook
- Wimbledon: blessé à une cheville, le Belge David Goffin déclare forfait
- Ces joueurs d’origine africaine évoluant pour des nations européennes
- Centamin PLC (CEY) Price Target Raised to GBX 200 at Macquarie
- Talks between UK PM May's Conservatives and Northern Ireland's DUP restart
- Megyn Kelly's Alex Jones Interview Will Still Air Despite Advertiser Backlash
- La Saône-et-Loire est en alerte orange — ORAGES
- Bill Cosby Jury Breaks for the Night Without Reaching a Verdict